graceweedingxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi all, I'm looking to go to university to study criminology, I have picked to do a level sociology, a level English language and a btec in criminology as my college offers it. do unis prefer having 3 a levels or do they not mind having a btec aswell? thanks
Lshort17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Depends on the university, check on their website and UCAS to see if they accept, most unis accept BTECs apart from oxbridge and such
Hope this helps
Ge0rg1a
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Majority of unis accept btecs just some of the ‘top’ ones like Cambridge etc don’t. Also it doesn’t necessarily matter what options you take at a level or btec for uni 🙃
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lshort17)
Depends on the university, check on their website and UCAS to see if they accept, most unis accept BTECs apart from oxbridge and such
Hope this helps
(Original post by Ge0rg1a)
Majority of unis accept btecs just some of the ‘top’ ones like Cambridge etc don’t. Also it doesn’t necessarily matter what options you take at a level or btec for uni 🙃
This isn't correct. Oxford University will accept a BTEC alongside A levels for several courses, including Fine Art. See here
(Original post by graceweedingxo)
hi all, I'm looking to go to university to study criminology, I have picked to do a level sociology, a level English language and a btec in criminology as my college offers it. do unis prefer having 3 a levels or do they not mind having a btec aswell? thanks
Lots of universities will be happy to accept one BTEC alongside two A levels for criminology. It's not practical to give you a list here, so please research the entrance requirements of a few unis that you're interested in before starting your Level 3 courses
Lshort17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Lots of universities will be happy to accept one BTEC alongside two A levels for criminology. It's not practical to give you a list here, so please research the entrance requirements of a few unis that you're interested in before starting your Level 3 courses
Oh right, didnt know oxford did lol
Its always best just to check on the uni websites rather than on here
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lshort17)
Oh right, didnt know oxford did lol
Its always best just to check on the uni websites rather than on here
No problem - and you're absolutely right. Always double check any advice you receive on here, particularly advice which isn't referenced
graceweedingxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
thank you everyone, I was looking to go to Liverpool uni and they do accept btecs with a levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (19)
45.24%
No (12)
28.57%
I'm not old enough (11)
26.19%

Watched Threads