would this be considered "Cheating"? Watch

Hannah.xxx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by actinglover)
I mean, I personally dont know if I'll be able to resist you know.. NOT looking at the answers.

Butt... Depending on how much time you have till the exams, I would personally revise through the topics, answer the questions on the paper, check what i got wrong (so at least i know my weak points) and revise on those topics, then , if I'm happy with my score or want to add that extra 'oomph' on my overall grade then I definitely would.
(Original post by thelocalkid)
Cheating isn't good but fuk it, you already got the answers so you have got choices to make. In the end of the day, this tests is all about memorising. Here's what you need to do;

If you are smart, someone who gets above average then go for high grade. If you're average student then go for little bit above average. Don't get caught.
Show the working out, don't just write the answer. Sometimes you may even get another answer that is close to the actual mark scheme answer.

The one's you gonna get wrong on purpose, make sure you first workout then in the middle make the answer wrong but make the working out right, that will give you some marks at-least but not the complete mark and you will be less suspicious.

The disadvantage is your teacher could ask you questions that you got right after the test. If you're above average student this won't be problem for you but, if you are average student. You will have hear-attacks every time the teacher points his finger on you, especially that time when the teacher wants you to explain on the board so that other students understand as well.

The other major disadvantage is when the real exam comes, you will fail good. Real good. There is no doubt about that. Because you think you have passed and your brain will have this fake feeling that you gonna revise and get good grades in the real exam but, you won't. You will fail in the real exam, that's guaranteed.

Make your choices wisely.

If it was up to me, i would highly prefer to fail this mock and pass the real exam.

Good luck for your choices. You're smart, judge yourself.
personally i like the approaches both of you suggested. very smart. ill do exactly that tysm xxx
JockstrapAttack
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hannah.xxx)
wow i got a lot of replies. okay firstly
i know its cheating but consider my position. i joined a new school in year 10 and my old school was **** and never taught me much of the syllabus. here in my new school they've done so much more than i have. if i try telling that to the teacher theyll just say it is your own responsibility to catch up so thats a no. i found the paper online. obviously im not gonna menorize it thats too much effort. i was planning on doing the questions 1 by 1 so i get them. im not someone who doesnt like revise. everyday i revise at least something at home. plus in class i get most answers correct. for example on my physics test today i hadnt even heard about radiation... but the class probably expects got 100% so even if i do get a good score it wont be suspicious. plus i have other subject to learn content from like history. i missed an entire module which leaves me barely any time for other subjects. Otherwise i woukd never cheat damn.
Dress it up as much as you want. You created a thread asking if this was cheating; it is.
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
its cheating regardless of your circumstances.
Hannah.xxx
Rep:
?
yeah i know it is... but u have to admit it. they should have found papers that are locked and only people with a pearson login can find. these papers are literally on a revision website called MyRevision, the one thats orange with a cirkcle around it.
Last edited by Hannah.xxx; 1 week ago
JockstrapAttack
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah i know it is... but u have to admit it. they should have found papers that are locked and only people with a pearson login can find. these papers are literally on a revision website called MyRevision, the one thats orange with a cirkcle around it.
I don't understand what your aim is here? Are you trying to convince us it isn't cheating? Or do you concede that it is cheating but you're trying to convince us that you're justified in doing it anyway?
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if you found the papers online just click off the website. use a little bit of self-control.
thatssoraven577
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
could you please send the biology paper you have
Hannah.xxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by thatssoraven577)
could you please send the biology paper you have
message me
Omertà
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
wow i got a lot of replies. okay firstly
i know its cheating but consider my position. i joined a new school in year 10 and my old school was **** and never taught me much of the syllabus. here in my new school they've done so much more than i have. if i try telling that to the teacher theyll just say it is your own responsibility to catch up so thats a no. i found the paper online. obviously im not gonna menorize it thats too much effort. i was planning on doing the questions 1 by 1 so i get them. im not someone who doesnt like revise. everyday i revise at least something at home. plus in class i get most answers correct. for example on my physics test today i hadnt even heard about radiation... but the class probably expects got 100% so even if i do get a good score it wont be suspicious. plus i have other subject to learn content from like history. i missed an entire module which leaves me barely any time for other subjects. Otherwise i woukd never cheat damn.
still cheating tho doing every question and probs making sure u get the questions right u can't say it isn't cheating cause u lying to urself
Dancer2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How do you know this is that paper?
I would revise the topics, do the paper, and mark it with the mark scheme. Then if the teacher gives you the same paper, tell them straight away that you’ve done it before. This way you’re being honest with them, and there is a 90% chance they won’t care.
They also won’t view it as cheating if you do really well, because you already told them you have seen the questions.
It’s different doing the test in exam questions anyway, and they recycle questions in real exams.

Anyway, the way I see it, it’s not cheating if you tell the teacher you had seen the questions before.
Last edited by Dancer2001; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (336)
46.15%
No (78)
10.71%
I'm not old enough (314)
43.13%

Watched Threads