kasdev12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My daughter is withdrawing from uni after 1st semester of her 2nd year . She is taking a break from study and will maybe consider returning to different course at sometime in the future. I understand that as she is in the 2nd year of her current course she is classed as having 2 years of tuition fees and to start a new 3 year course she would have to self fund for the first year. When I was speaking to a student finance adviser on the phone she advised there are exception courses where her previous study wouldn't be taken into account and she could receive full tuition fees and maintenance loan, however reading online I am finding conflicting information. Please can you clarify if you can receive full funding for exception courses and what those courses are - thanks
Duncan SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kasdev12)
My daughter is withdrawing from uni after 1st semester of her 2nd year . She is taking a break from study and will maybe consider returning to different course at sometime in the future. I understand that as she is in the 2nd year of her current course she is classed as having 2 years of tuition fees and to start a new 3 year course she would have to self fund for the first year. When I was speaking to a student finance adviser on the phone she advised there are exception courses where her previous study wouldn't be taken into account and she could receive full tuition fees and maintenance loan, however reading online I am finding conflicting information. Please can you clarify if you can receive full funding for exception courses and what those courses are - thanks
Hello,

What is the reason for your daughter leaving her course?

Regards, Duncan
kasdev12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Duncan SFE)
Hello,

What is the reason for your daughter leaving her course?

Regards, Duncan
Hi Duncan
She is leaving as she has been having some mental health issues
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kasdev12)
Hi Duncan
She is leaving as she has been having some mental health issues
Hi there,

If she is suspending her studies due to health reasons then she will be able to apply for Compelling Personal Reasons to be awarded an additional year of funding. This means she doesn't need to apply for an exception course and can apply for a normal course that she wishes to study.

Our exception courses are ones like Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professional courses.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (413)
43.8%
No (98)
10.39%
I'm not old enough (432)
45.81%

Watched Threads