Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So I'm pretty socially awkward, and if you're reading I'm guessing u r too. I met this girl really briefly and thought she seemed really cool, so I messaged her on insta. I asked if she wanted to hang out, and she said "sure" in the most roundabout way possible. I fully didn't expect that, but I figured she was gonna give me a chance, so I was pretty excited. I was looking forward to it over the weekend and on Monday it was finally time to meet up. We'd agreed to meet at college (sixth form). As I said I wouldn't ever expect a girl to say yes to my proposal (because I'm not a d!ck) but if u say yes, I would expect u to turn up. I waited for over an hour, and nothing. She didn't even respond to my messages. When I got home I asked what happened and she told me she was in the student centre (even tho I'm pretty sure it was closed). I asked if she would send me her timetable and she didn't want to, so I ended up calling it off. I never thought she liked me tbh, but I thought she was gonna give me a chance and it made me feel like total **** when I realised she wasn't going to. I'm more confused than anything else, tbh. I mean, why lead me on like that? I know it's not nice to turn someone down, but it's better than doing that, obviously. I guess I don't really have a lot of questions, but what r your thoughts on the situation? How do I move forwards?
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
hey, i’m sorry that this happened to you but i feel like this happens more often than you think.

i think that a lot of boys straight up ask girls to meet up and they feel pressured and bad to say no and also they don’t want to say no because they most likely like talking to the person and feel like if they say no to meeting up that the guy will think that they aren’t interested. maybe she got too nervous before hand and really couldn’t meet you because of her anxiety.

maybe next time talk to the girl more before asking, maybe she’ll suggest to meet up first just make sure not too rush don’t feel too down about this situation
Anonymous #3
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I'm pretty socially awkward, and if you're reading I'm guessing u r too. I met this girl really briefly and thought she seemed really cool, so I messaged her on insta. I asked if she wanted to hang out, and she said "sure" in the most roundabout way possible. I fully didn't expect that, but I figured she was gonna give me a chance, so I was pretty excited. I was looking forward to it over the weekend and on Monday it was finally time to meet up. We'd agreed to meet at college (sixth form). As I said I wouldn't ever expect a girl to say yes to my proposal (because I'm not a d!ck) but if u say yes, I would expect u to turn up. I waited for over an hour, and nothing. She didn't even respond to my messages. When I got home I asked what happened and she told me she was in the student centre (even tho I'm pretty sure it was closed). I asked if she would send me her timetable and she didn't want to, so I ended up calling it off. I never thought she liked me tbh, but I thought she was gonna give me a chance and it made me feel like total **** when I realised she wasn't going to. I'm more confused than anything else, tbh. I mean, why lead me on like that? I know it's not nice to turn someone down, but it's better than doing that, obviously. I guess I don't really have a lot of questions, but what r your thoughts on the situation? How do I move forwards?
People get stood up all the time, it's not nice but happens. I've been stood up by 2 guys before, one who pursued me for like 2 years and when i finally said yes he thought i 'didn't mean it and wouldn't show up' so he didn't bother. I'd always drop a little message the same day to just check you're still on
Anonymous #1
"maybe she got too nervous before hand and really couldn’t meet you because of her anxiety."

Honestly I doubt it. I don't think she ever had any intention of seeing me.

"maybe next time talk to the girl more before asking, maybe she’ll suggest to meet up first just make sure not too rush don’t feel too down about this situation"

As I said, I'm pretty socially awkward, and we don't have any classes in common, so there's really no place I can talk to her on her own. (I don't do well with big groups.) I'm trying to view it as a learning experience, but it's hard, you know? I just feel so alone rn.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
"maybe she got too nervous before hand and really couldn’t meet you because of her anxiety."

Honestly I doubt it. I don't think she ever had any intention of seeing me.

"maybe next time talk to the girl more before asking, maybe she’ll suggest to meet up first just make sure not too rush don’t feel too down about this situation"

As I said, I'm pretty socially awkward, and we don't have any classes in common, so there's really no place I can talk to her on her own. (I don't do well with big groups.) I'm trying to view it as a learning experience, but it's hard, you know? I just feel so alone rn.
Awh i’m really sorry that this happened to you and i really don’t want you to feel alone, if you need to talk to someone you can talk to me 😊
i honestly understand you as i have social anxiety and i doubt myself greatly especially when talking to people as i always think that they are judging me
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
First off: Wow, burn.

Real talk - sorry that happened to you! Some people are just flaky =/
Anonymous #1
Awh i’m really sorry that this happened to you and i really don’t want you to feel alone, if you need to talk to someone you can talk to me 😊
i honestly understand you as i have social anxiety and i doubt myself greatly especially when talking to people as i always think that they are judging me
Not even sure what I'd talk about tbh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (16)
42.11%
No I don't (13)
34.21%
I work during the holidays (9)
23.68%

Watched Threads