The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent

Does anyone know how beneficial my 4 weeks of work experience at a university science lab would be? I am applying for Biomedical science and since my AS grades weren't great (doing one resit) I was wondering how this would affect my chance of getting an offer.
Original post by elle_2001
Does anyone know how beneficial my 4 weeks of work experience at a university science lab would be? I am applying for Biomedical science and since my AS grades weren't great (doing one resit) I was wondering how this would affect my chance of getting an offer.

Hi there!

I'd say that any relevant extracurricular activities you undertake can help your applications to university in one way or another, and can be really good to talk about in personal statements :smile: If you are interested in applying to the University of Kent (I wasn't sure if you were undertaking the lab experience at Kent or hoping to study here as it's in the University of Kent forum) then you can always use our Unibuddy scheme to talk to our current bioscience students about their application process and get their insight into how it could help boost your application and if they did anything similar. I'll leave the link here in case you'd like to use the service :smile:
If you are concerned about your AS grades at all, then you can always contact the University of Kent Admissions or the School of Bioscience admissions and ask them as they will have more information on how they deal with applications, and could give you some better guidance :smile:
Here are the links to their contact info pages.
Kent's School of Biosciences
University of Kent Admissions

I hope this is helpful, and good luck with your university applications!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest