Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Im currently trying desperately to decide whether I am going to drop out of uni at xmas or not. I have no motivation or passion for my degree and worry that I am wasting my money and time just because everybody says it will get me a good job at the end of it.
I know I need to really think about other options and find what it is that I really want to do, I just fear what my life will be like without a degree/ the life experience gained at uni (it has been drilled into me that a levels are "worthless" and a degree is basically the be all and end all).
Argh what should I do?!
CyproFenol
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
U wanna be homeless?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im currently trying desperately to decide whether I am going to drop out of uni at xmas or not. I have no motivation or passion for my degree and worry that I am wasting my money and time just because everybody says it will get me a good job at the end of it.
I know I need to really think about other options and find what it is that I really want to do, I just fear what my life will be like without a degree/ the life experience gained at uni (it has been drilled into me that a levels are "worthless" and a degree is basically the be all and end all).
Argh what should I do?!
Hi there

I'm sorry to hear you're not enjoying your course.

What course are you studying and what job will you be looking at once you graduate?

Fi :horse:
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Argh what should I do?!
Just because you may have chosen the wrong course this time around, doesn't mean that university education is no longer an option for you. It might be worth sitting down with your personal tutor and work out if your motivation might be able to return, and what they might be able to put in place to support you. If it can't be regained, then you could take a gap year to gain experience of work sectors to find out where your true passion lies.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi there

I'm sorry to hear you're not enjoying your course.

What course are you studying and what job will you be looking at once you graduate?

I am currently studying English literature- I have no idea of the job I wish to do which makes it more difficult as I have no sense of direction at the moment
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am currently studying English literature- I have no idea of the job I wish to do which makes it more difficult as I have no sense of direction at the moment
Hi there,

If you're unsure of a job, have you spoken to the careers department at your university? Chatting to your personal tutor is a good start too.

As PhoenixFortune says, a gap year could also be a good option if you're not sure, and you can then restart afresh. I'd definitely advise talking to both your careers department and personal tutor first though.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (330)
45.96%
No (78)
10.86%
I'm not old enough (310)
43.18%

Watched Threads