NCS - good if your shy?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi,

I'm quite shy and I only really have 1 good friend at the moment. So when the NCS people came into our school and advertised it, I thought I should do it to 1) make my CV look better and 2) get more friends and boost confidence. However, since I'm shy, will it be hard to make friends there (I can have normal conversations with people fine though).

Any advice is greatly appreciated .
HolyDiver
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I did NCS last year and I'm pretty shy, or at least rather reserved. I found it great, you get to know people pretty quickly and there's plenty of opportunities for you to talk to them without initiating the conversation yourself. By the second week I found myself doing public speaking in front my wave and enjoying it.

That being said, I don't think employers care that much, but it doesn't hurt to mention it. By the time you really need your CV/UCAS form you'll probably have better things to talk about.
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You are all new together on the first day so are pretty much forced to make friends. Don't worry about it, you'll have a great time and it's a good confidence booster if you are shy!
fabsfabulous12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Definitely, it helps you come out of your comfort zone and lets you make friends with your group and other groups. Would definitely recommend it. I still stay in touch with all my group and we are all different so it’s very good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (18)
35.29%
No (29)
56.86%
I don't know (4)
7.84%

Watched Threads