GCSEs 2020 - Can't remember anything ?? Watch

SmartUnicorn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hello there

so I have my mocks in January and I've been revising bit by bit over the past few months so I decided to do a few topic tests. I pretty much failed them all, I couldn't remember anything!! it's really frustrating because I revised about 2 weeks per topic until I remembered it all (mainly science). now I go back to it a few months late and it's out my head like it was never there 😭. I have tried memory recall but because I keep going back to topics I've learnt, I have less time to do the new things that need learning. I have 5 months left until GCSEs and what am I going to dooo ?

za45
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
- teach others you learn better
- make shorter notes
- quizlet is a good app for online flashcards
- when your revising your notes, get a blank piece of paper and hide your original notes. Then try to summarise everything on the blank page
Flakeyon
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't block all your revision in 2 weeks because it gives you the illusion that you really know it. You're more likely to remember it if you space it with increasing intervals i.e. one day after the lesson then a week then a month. I recommend Seneca for science. It's good for getting the overall idea and practicals but don't treat it as your main study method. Write questions for yourself by either making a document with both the questions and answers. Or you could turn them into flashcards. Also do past papers and note which topics you're struggling on and do the questions for those.
Last edited by Flakeyon; 1 week ago
SmartUnicorn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Flakeyon)
Don't block all your revision in 2 weeks because it gives you the illusion that you really know it. You're more likely to remember it if you space it with increasing intervals i.e. one day after the lesson then a week then a month. I recommend Seneca for science. It's good for getting the overall idea and practicals but don't treat it as your main study method. Write questions for yourself by either making a document with both the questions and answers. Or you could turn them into flashcards. Also do past papers and note which topics you're struggling on and do the questions for those.
(Original post by za45)
- teach others you learn better
- make shorter notes
- quizlet is a good app for online flashcards
- when your revising your notes, get a blank piece of paper and hide your original notes. Then try to summarise everything on the blank page
thanks guys!
I was hoping to get all my notes done by Dec but clearly that's not going to happen so instead I've switched to end of February? I hope hope hope I can get them done by then !! :/
za45
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by SmartUnicorn)
thanks guys!
I was hoping to get all my notes done by Dec but clearly that's not going to happen so instead I've switched to end of February? I hope hope hope I can get them done by then !! :/
Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?