I met a guy on Omegle and I'm falling for him Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey I'm so embarrassed for asking this but I can't tell it anyone else.
So a couple of months ago I met this 22 year old guy from the UK on omegle (at the beginning of August) and we instantly hit it off. I'm 18 years old and from Germany. Basically we've been texting each other every single day and we've been talking about everything and anything. I've told him so many things about myself and I think we genuinely like each other.
Now here's the thing:
1. I'm the one who usually texts him first. Therefore I have asked him multiple times if he even wants to talk. So either he asks me what makes me think that or even more often he tells me to stop being paranoid (he knows I'm a little insecure)
2.The other thing is that our texts have become less frequent for the last month or so. He told me he's very busy atm and so he doesn't even open my texts for a couple of days sometimes. (I know for a fact that he's busy,he even has all his notifications switched off and is not even opening his app because his snap score is going up (lol sorry for seeming like a stalker)). But I'm a very doubtful person and have started to wonder if he's not interested in talking to me anymore? Wouldn't he text back quicker if he were actually interested?
Sometimes he says the sweetest things to me, asks me how I'm feeling and builds me up when I'm feeling down.
I remember one time where I jokingly said that I'm happy we'll never meet and he replied that I would jump at the chance. I got a little angry and told him I wasn't that desperate. Then he asked me hypothetically if I would not meet up with him if I were in Southampton (my sister lives there) and he was there too. That question made me very confused as I do not know what he wants to hear.
Please help me? Am I reading too much into this? Is he not interested in me anymore and just too polite to say it? Should I stop talking to him? I think about him all the time and I feel like I'm going crazy!!!!
Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate some advice
Jolhihilhil
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey I'm so embarrassed for asking this but I can't tell it anyone else.
So a couple of months ago I met this 22 year old guy from the UK on omegle (at the beginning of August) and we instantly hit it off. I'm 18 years old and from Germany. Basically we've been texting each other every single day and we've been talking about everything and anything. I've told him so many things about myself and I think we genuinely like each other.
Now here's the thing:
1. I'm the one who usually texts him first. Therefore I have asked him multiple times if he even wants to talk. So either he asks me what makes me think that or even more often he tells me to stop being paranoid (he knows I'm a little insecure)
2.The other thing is that our texts have become less frequent for the last month or so. He told me he's very busy atm and so he doesn't even open my texts for a couple of days sometimes. (I know for a fact that he's busy,he even has all his notifications switched off and is not even opening his app because his snap score is going up (lol sorry for seeming like a stalker)). But I'm a very doubtful person and have started to wonder if he's not interested in talking to me anymore? Wouldn't he text back quicker if he were actually interested?
Sometimes he says the sweetest things to me, asks me how I'm feeling and builds me up when I'm feeling down.
I remember one time where I jokingly said that I'm happy we'll never meet and he replied that I would jump at the chance. I got a little angry and told him I wasn't that desperate. Then he asked me hypothetically if I would not meet up with him if I were in Southampton (my sister lives there) and he was there too. That question made me very confused as I do not know what he wants to hear.
Please help me? Am I reading too much into this? Is he not interested in me anymore and just too polite to say it? Should I stop talking to him? I think about him all the time and I feel like I'm going crazy!!!!
Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate some advice
I think u should meet him. Sounds like u wanna get serious fairly soon, so y not? I'm sure he isn't trying to distance himself from u, especially if he's asking to meet u. Sounds to me like things could go really well. I'm sure there's no reason to worry.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jolhihilhil)
I think u should meet him. Sounds like u wanna get serious fairly soon, so y not? I'm sure he isn't trying to distance himself from u, especially if he's asking to meet u. Sounds to me like things could go really well. I'm sure there's no reason to worry.
I don't want to rush into it and as I said that question was purely hypothetical. He even suggested once that I should redirect my attention to someone else due to the lack of attention he's giving me lol
cheerIeader
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Embarrassed for you too. Find someone IRL, hun.

Turns out the boy on omegle gets it on with every girl on omegle. That'd explain the slow replies. Lose him before it turns into a Bianca-discord situation.
Last edited by cheerIeader; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cheerIeader)
Embarrassed for you too. Find someone IRL, hun.

Turns out the boy on omegle gets it on with every girl on omegle. That'd explain the slow replies. Lose him before it turns into a Bianca-discord situation.
He could be lying but he has told me he doesn't do that. I know it sounds stupid but I have never felt at ease with someone as I have with him.
I don't know what exactly you mean by the Bianca discord situation but I do know that he's legit and not a catfish
21ForEva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He could be lying but he has told me he doesn't do that. I know it sounds stupid but I have never felt at ease with someone as I have with him.
I don't know what exactly you mean by the Bianca discord situation but I do know that he's legit and not a catfish
Unfortunately I'm gonna have to agree with cheerleader -- I did dating apps and the guys on there are so obviously and clearly trying to get with as many girls as they can. If you want something serious and mature then go on something like eHarmony where people are actually trying to get hitched or trying for long term relationships.

Also what you said about telling him everything is quite dangerous - I mean, think about it. If you were on a train and met a guy and started some small talk convo, you wouldn't start telling him your whole life story, would you? If you wouldn't, then why would you do this online? The internet is a scary web full of bad surprises dude - just saying but I'm sure you already know this. Regarding your points 1. and 2. -- again, with online messaging you can't actually assume anything about a person through what they text or how many times they message you or if they open your messages or not. You really can't tell anything by analysing those things - you're gonna drive yourself crazy just assuming stuff.

Plus you're only 18 - innocent age, if you ask me. Don't be so naive - he could just be telling you things that you want to hear.

Anyway, my opinion of meeting guys online whether it's eHarmony or the app you're on, has changed - I think you should be more vigilant and do not be gullible when it comes to reading what they're saying online. It's just words. I mean, I still find it hard to catch a liar in real life when I'm talking face-to-face with someone but imagine tryna decode someone's true motives behind a screen -- impossible. I think you should stick to meeting someone in real life - that way you can meet them, spend time with them physically and actually analyse their body language/the way they talk to you or treat you etc etc. for you to judge whether they're the one for you. E.g. someone at uni/college/work -- that way you get to see their habits and what they're all about as you're most likely gonna be hanging with them all the time.

Sorry for being realistic but wouldn't want you to get into trouble or be in danger with this guy.
Last edited by 21ForEva; 1 week ago
Jolhihilhil
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't want to rush into it and as I said that question was purely hypothetical. He even suggested once that I should redirect my attention to someone else due to the lack of attention he's giving me lol
Take as much time as u like, of course, but I don't see y u shouldn't visit your sister and take the opportunity to visit him as well. If u trust him, then do it. Honestly I think your misinterpreting with that last line. Sounds like he just doesn't want u to be on your own. Up to u.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
most guys on omegle r they to just play around and stuff they dont want long term relationships and plus if u really want a guy he should be ur age not 22 cos thats kinda too old personally.
Jolhihilhil
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
most guys on omegle r they to just play around and stuff they dont want long term relationships and plus if u really want a guy he should be ur age not 22 cos thats kinda too old personally.
Half plus 7. It's just about ok
Lilli22
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He sounds like he's interested, but it really depends if he's busy or not. Give it some time and if he's still being trash at responding then leave him.

As for meeting up - DON'T. You don't know this guy. You've only known him since August, which isn't long at all. I know that sounds controversial, but in reality you're a young girl who's going to be visiting a foreign country just to meet someone who could be very different to how they portray themselves online. If anything, why doesn't he come to you?

Even if you do end up meeting, do it in a public area and let someone know where you are and who you are meeting with. Be safe.

Good luck! Remember to put your mental health above the relationship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (168)
48.55%
No (42)
12.14%
I'm not old enough (136)
39.31%

Watched Threads