Why did this particular woman affect me so much more than the others? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I’ve had five girlfriends in my lifetime (25).

All entirely different women, each with their own strengths and flaws.

Those relationships have passed and I genuinely believe I’ve grown thanks to them.

The break ups were hard on myself, and a couple took longer to get over.

However, there’s one in particular, one that lasted 5 years and wasn’t “official” in the strictest of terms, that I’m finding it really, really difficult.

I won’t be going into great detail about it because to this day it does hurt enormously, but we clicked on a level I had never imagined possible. From the get go, we formed this really strong bond. I felt we could tell eachother things without a word.

In contrast, it was I who broke it off with her, in the most cowardly and selfish ways imaginable. I hurt her immensely, put her through so much questioning.

I still think about her every day, not so much out of regret (even though I really do), but just being lucky to have known her and felt how I felt.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve had five girlfriends in my lifetime (25).

All entirely different women, each with their own strengths and flaws.

Those relationships have passed and I genuinely believe I’ve grown thanks to them.

The break ups were hard on myself, and a couple took longer to get over.

However, there’s one in particular, one that lasted 5 years and wasn’t “official” in the strictest of terms, that I’m finding it really, really difficult.

I won’t be going into great detail about it because to this day it does hurt enormously, but we clicked on a level I had never imagined possible. From the get go, we formed this really strong bond. I felt we could tell eachother things without a word.

In contrast, it was I who broke it off with her, in the most cowardly and selfish ways imaginable. I hurt her immensely, put her through so much questioning.

I still think about her every day, not so much out of regret (even though I really do), but just being lucky to have known her and felt how I felt.
thanks for the infos
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Its called love.
DerbyDelilah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Sounds like you may have a slight commitment issue and you’ve finally met your match which scared you away. Maybe in your eyes she was too good to be true so you ended it with her before she could hurt you. Only thing is it backfired and you ended up hurting yourself and missing her.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 0le)
Its called love.
Before I had met her, I was with in a 3 year relationship. I thought I was in love then. I suppose I was, but it wasn’t the real thing?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DerbyDelilah)
Sounds like you may have a slight commitment issue and you’ve finally met your match which scared you away. Maybe in your eyes she was too good to be true so you ended it with her before she could hurt you. Only thing is it backfired and you ended up hurting yourself and missing her.
It’s no excuse, I felt vulnerable, and you’re right I was scared. I did think she was too good to be true, and yes I was afraid that she would hurt me.

It’s like I said, I do miss her, I am hurt, but it’s nothing compared to knowing how much I hurt her b
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Before I had met her, I was with in a 3 year relationship. I thought I was in love then. I suppose I was, but it wasn’t the real thing?
Its not one or zero. Its a spectrum. You just loved someone more.
DerbyDelilah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It’s no excuse, I felt vulnerable, and you’re right I was scared. I did think she was too good to be true, and yes I was afraid that she would hurt me.

It’s like I said, I do miss her, I am hurt, but it’s nothing compared to knowing how much I hurt her b
Why don’t you try telling her that? Maybe she will understand where you were coming from and allow you back in her life. She probably misses you too. If you truly care for her then be open and honest. What else do you have to lose? You’re already hurting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (16)
42.11%
No I don't (13)
34.21%
I work during the holidays (9)
23.68%

Watched Threads