The Student Room Group

Troubled Nato not in party mood for 70th birthday

Long but interesting read on NATO's current woes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50604857
That's not the end. I wonder how much Lockheed-Martin spent on bribery this time, to push F-35 to Poland while this country doesn't have either money to fly these planes, neither any supporting infrastructure, whithout which F-35 is worse than F-16.

I've been also asking numerous people why Russia is a threat now and in decades to come. I have not yet seen a good answer.

It may sound funny, but conflicts in Osetia and Ukraine, or actually reasons behind them, show thar Russia is not a threat to anything West of Ukraine and Belarus.
Reply 2
Original post by PTMalewski
That's not the end. I wonder how much Lockheed-Martin spent on bribery this time, to push F-35 to Poland while this country doesn't have either money to fly these planes, neither any supporting infrastructure, whithout which F-35 is worse than F-16.

It does rather smell of that most shameful spree of bribery that nearly brought down Lockheed, although the junk they were peddling back then really was offensively bad.

I've been also asking numerous people why Russia is a threat now and in decades to come. I have not yet seen a good answer.

Ah well don't we always need a nice bogey man to be fearful of? It's rather contradicotry when they on the one hand call Russia a tin pot little kleptocracy and on the other call it a 'global threat to the free world' - two statements that stand in diametric opposition to each other.

It may sound funny, but conflicts in Osetia and Ukraine, or actually reasons behind them, show thar Russia is not a threat to anything West of Ukraine and Belarus.

Aside from the Ossetian war being over Georgia i am rather inclined to agree with the sentiments behind the point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending