Dxxle
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey, so I’ve basically finished my ps. However, in my ps I’ve used 2 sentence starters that are like “ my fascination for ....” or “during my A level ....”. Would I get plagiarised as they are common? Also, I’ve referred to 2 theories in my ps (From google) but I’ve reworded the sentences. Would I still get in trouble or does that classify as plagiarism ?
Mrepic Foulger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That would be fine
Amyspandas94
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What do you mean you've referred to two theories from Google?
Dxxle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amyspandas94)
What do you mean you've referred to two theories from Google
Let’s say I was taking about the nature/nurture debate. I would look at the meaning and reword it so it’s more relevant to my ps but I’ve included 1/2 words that is the same. I don’t know to to reword what I’ve done but I hope it makes sense
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You’ll probably be fine then
Amyspandas94
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dxxle)
Let’s say I was taking about the nature/nurture debate. I would look at the meaning and reword it so it’s more relevant to my ps but I’ve included 1/2 words that is the same. I don’t know to to reword what I’ve done but I hope it makes sense
It sounds like you're referring to what you want to study so I wouldn't worry too much about it!
Dxxle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amyspandas94)
It sounds like you're referring to what you want to study so I wouldn't worry too much about it!
Okay thankyou so much for replying
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dxxle)
Hey, so I’ve basically finished my ps. However, in my ps I’ve used 2 sentence starters that are like “ my fascination for ....” or “during my A level ....”. Would I get plagiarised as they are common? Also, I’ve referred to 2 theories in my ps (From google) but I’ve reworded the sentences. Would I still get in trouble or does that classify as plagiarism ?
No. Copycatch ignores the most common words/phrases.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The plagiarism software is intelligent - it will ignore basic things like that. However, 'fascination' is an overused word in PSs and you don't need to talk about your A Levels
Dxxle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Interrobang)
The plagiarism software is intelligent - it will ignore basic things like that. However, 'fascination' is an overused word in PSs and you don't need to talk about your A Levels
Thankyou and I haven’t talked about my other subjects- only psychology because I want to study that at university
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?