What has everyone been doing in preparation for A-Level examinations? Watch

Laila1001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hey guys. I am currently taking A-Levels and I am interested in how everyone is preparing for the upcoming A-level examinations. Please let me know as it could help me and others
itscourtchicks
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Rewriting. Rewriting. Rewriting.
Trying to memorise in chunks, then writing what I remember and filling in a different colour pen what I forgot. It doesn’t have to be neat, literally scribbling on a file block.
Also mind maps are quite good I find.
And I always make proper neat revision notes after every topic to refer back to.
Past paper questions and questions from textbooks are good.
These methods only really work for biology and chemistry out of bio/chem/french that I’m studying.
ANAK2002
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Laila1001)
Hey guys. I am currently taking A-Levels and I am interested in how everyone is preparing for the upcoming A-level examinations. Please let me know as it could help me and others
Hey!
For bio and chem, I make notes from the textbook and file them in separate folders- i regularly alternate between days e.g. one day revise bio next day chem etc
i also do qns regularly on physics and maths tutor (you should defo check that website out if you havent already)
if you do eng (like me) you can make flashcards for key quotes/words, mindmaps, annotations.
tbh CONSISTENCY is the key word i would emphasise as you cant go far wrong if you continuously review what you have learnt and practice practice practice..
hope that helps! and remember always have a positive mindset, drink enough water and get enough sleep
good luck!
Laila1001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by itscourtchicks)
Rewriting. Rewriting. Rewriting.
Trying to memorise in chunks, then writing what I remember and filling in a different colour pen what I forgot. It doesn’t have to be neat, literally scribbling on a file block.
Also mind maps are quite good I find.
And I always make proper neat revision notes after every topic to refer back to.
Past paper questions and questions from textbooks are good.
These methods only really work for biology and chemistry out of bio/chem/french that I’m studying.
so helpful thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (201)
18.75%
Labour (554)
51.68%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.43%
Green Party (59)
5.5%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)