The Student Room Group

Jesus College Oxford 2020 Applicants Thread

Couldnt find one on the forums so thought i'd start one up :smile: Daughter applied for Merton Physics and got allocated to Jesus College. Did not see this college on open day, so any helpful advice about the place would be good. Also if anyone else has applied here, feel free to continue this thread :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi ghost lady

As an Oxford mum myself, I am always pleased to hear from other mums.

If you are interested I run a thread called the Oxford parents association for people just like you. It talks about what it’s like when/if your child gets in and I’ve written articles about traditions etc.

Jesus college is one of the three Turl street colleges. It is the rival colleges to Exeter where my elder son studied and there were a few practical jokes between them I think

I have visited Jesus college on several occasions and it is stunning, a traditional college with a beautiful dining hall featuring famous alumni such as Lawrence of Arabia ( there is a bust of him too) Harold Wilson and a mr Manley who was president of Jamaica.

There is some nice modern accommodation too. Even better a brand new extension is being built in time for an important anniversary. And that means a massive party!!!

I love Jesus. Enjoy!!
I think there may be a portrait of Elizabeth I as well
Reply 3
Thanks Oxford mum, ill check it out :smile:
Would be nice if the students at Jesus Oxford can get together on a forum and I couldnt find one for her to join (only Jesus cambridge), so created one up myself :smile:
Is there a forum for Jesus College 2020 offer holders?

Quick Reply