Bad a level results but on the road to a first degree in maths!! HELP GUYS Watch

jaehyunjung
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi guys, I did not do well in A-Level but I have been working hard ever since my foundation year. I am currently on my way to a first-class degree but still worried if after university, big companies will not accept me due to my A-Level grades. I am really stressed. I was in the wrong mindset during A-Levels, I was going through a lot but I am striving for my best now. I am scared this will affect my future a lot.
Last edited by jaehyunjung; 1 week ago
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jaehyunjung)
Hi guys, I did not do well in A-Level but I have been working hard ever since my foundation year. I am currently on my way to a first-class degree but still worried if after university, big companies will not accept me due to my A-Level grades. I am really stressed. I was in the wrong mindset during A-Levels, I was going through a lot but I am striving for my best now. I am scared this will affect my future a lot.
Unless you're going to apply to very competitive grad jobs at big companies, nobody will care about your A-levels. There are Maths graduates with a first and good A-levels struggling to get a job. Jobs these days are competitive, educational history alone isn't enough.

The most important thing will be your experiences, interview technique and personality (companies put a huge emphasis in candidates being a cultural 'fit', which annoyingly, can be be anything from being super chatty to just sticking to your work, each have their preferences). Do some research to each industry you're interested in and make a plan to follow (e.g. what companies to apply, some basic research as to what they're looking for and what the application process involves in order to prepare for each stage properly)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (280)
47.38%
No (69)
11.68%
I'm not old enough (242)
40.95%

Watched Threads