The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for Royal college of arts 2020?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Waaaater
I personally don’t think they are waiting for the chosen applicants to accept the offer because I haven’t heard almost anyone getting the offer for the second round yet. Most of the results that were already sent out seem like rejection or waitlists. I think the uni is shut down and things are just being extremely delayed...
And what do you mean by political decision?

Obviously I'm not sure, but I could imagine that the preasure from current students are causing them to hold their horses.
They might be affected by political (and economical) decisions regarding opening up educational institutions (or not) in the fall. These decisions can come from RCA, but also from the gov. Taking into consideration that many applicants are international only makes it more uncertain.

If someone got an offer I don't know what to think. It's just stunning the lack of information or at least life signs from the admissions group. This again just points to some political bull**** imo
Original post by Waaaater
I personally don’t think they are waiting for the chosen applicants to accept the offer because I haven’t heard almost anyone getting the offer for the second round yet. Most of the results that were already sent out seem like rejection or waitlists. I think the uni is shut down and things are just being extremely delayed...
And what do you mean by political decision?

Agreed, most unis (including mine) are handling a lot of their current students’ problems, as well as making things work in online classes...so they’re taking even longer than past years. I barely heard anyone getting an offer from vis comm even in the first round. People are generally lost
Original post by waiting4everever
Obviously I'm not sure, but I could imagine that the preasure from current students are causing them to hold their horses.
They might be affected by political (and economical) decisions regarding opening up educational institutions (or not) in the fall. These decisions can come from RCA, but also from the gov. Taking into consideration that many applicants are international only makes it more uncertain.

If someone got an offer I don't know what to think. It's just stunning the lack of information or at least life signs from the admissions group. This again just points to some political bull**** imo

I was also thinking that the other day. I wonder if they're still waiting to hear back from the chosen applicants in the first round. I heard quite a few international applicants who got offer in the first round have chosen to defer due to the COVID-19 situation, but I don't know if that would be valid enough for such delays.
Reply 383
Original post by Amit T
"Thank you for your email. We have processed and communicated the vast majority of decisions for applications submitted in Round 2 of our admission process. We are aware that in a number of cases, decision emails we send get automatically routed to junk/spam folders. We would ask that all candidates continue to check their junk/spam folders; if after checking there you still do not have a decision email from us, please reply to this email to confirm that and we will check further."

I've confirmed that I haven't received the decision yet. Let's see.

Did you get any reply back?? I also received that e-mail today.
Original post by amberlee_
I was also thinking that the other day. I wonder if they're still waiting to hear back from the chosen applicants in the first round. I heard quite a few international applicants who got offer in the first round have chosen to defer due to the COVID-19 situation, but I don't know if that would be valid enough for such delays.

Maybe that is why they have introduced the waiting list this year? Because maybe a lot of international students don't want to or cannot attend RCA this fall because of COVID-19? Maybe a lot of applicants are struggling financially as well? 🤔
Spoke to an admin earlier on about the situation. Seems like they are really struggling with the requirement to work from home, they don't have much of an idea about what is happening timescale-wise.
If this helps, I was informed they had a meeting today about dealing with "application inboxes" seems like they are possibly about to start responding to emails or maybe even start responding to applications.
Either way, seems like a messy situation and will probably take a lot more time than was previously stated.
That is understandable - I hope you are offered a place on your desired course.

So i asked the about when the waiting list final decisions will be given out and this was their pretty lame response -_- What even...
Original post by evolvingarch
Spoke to an admin earlier on about the situation. Seems like they are really struggling with the requirement to work from home, they don't have much of an idea about what is happening timescale-wise.
If this helps, I was informed they had a meeting today about dealing with "application inboxes" seems like they are possibly about to start responding to emails or maybe even start responding to applications.
Either way, seems like a messy situation and will probably take a lot more time than was previously stated.

Thanks so much for this info! But not quite sure what the application inboxes thing means🥺 Have they made the majority of decisions like they said and sent out most of the results, but there’s been delays presumably caused by some issue with their email system?
Original post by amberlee_
Thanks so much for this info! But not quite sure what the application inboxes thing means🥺 Have they made the majority of decisions like they said and sent out most of the results, but there’s been delays presumably caused by some issue with their email system?

Whilst it's not 100% clear, my view on this is that they haven't started and maybe will start shortly. I think the odd 1 or 2 people being given offers on here are one-off's or possibly misunderstanding being given an offer with being on the waiting list (please correct me if I'm wrong).
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ZMohmand
That is understandable - I hope you are offered a place on your desired course.

So i asked the about when the waiting list final decisions will be given out and this was their pretty lame response -_- What even...

What did they say? To me they said they aim to get back to me within 4 weeks (I'm on the waiting list).
Original post by Bobbypins
What did they say? To me they said they aim to get back to me within 4 weeks (I'm on the waiting list).

It’s been four weeks for me and nothing yet
Reply 391
has anyone heard back from visual communication? i applied for round two and i've heard nothing back. the only email i got from them was a corona virus update..i am checking every day
Hi guys, did anyone hear back from the MA in Curating Contemporary Art? I submitted my application for the first round (in November) but i didn't have a response. I've called and emailed so many times and they always said they'd let me know as soon as possible, but still nothing
Original post by waiting4everever
I applied for Vis comm (GD) and I'm still waiting.
I've not been able to get in contact with anyone other than the general admissions, who don't seem to know anything

It seems to me that either they (vis comm) are waiting for the chosen applicants to accept the offer
or that maybe they are waiting for some kind of political decision?

I have also applied for VC(GD)... Still haven't heard something..
I got my offer letter yesterday for Service Design..I think they are slowly sending out results. Good luck to everyone (mine was round 2 it really took them a while)
Reply 395
which course did you apply can I ask?
Reply 396
btw congratulations
Reply 397
Anyone applying for RCA architecture at round 2 and put in a waiting list queue?
or got an answer?
I just got waitlisted for IDE... I feel like there will be no one who’s gonna turn it down. I don’t wanna keep my hopes up...
Does anyone know how big the waitlist pool is?

Quick Reply

Latest