My mocks are in January and I’m STILL failing maths! Watch

Dana1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey everyone, so I have my maths mocks in January and I have been consistently getting U’s since the beginning of year 12 until now (half way through year 13) and honestly idk why like I actually study if anything maths is the ONLY subject I revise for and yet it’s the only subject I’m failing. Idek where I’m going wrong and my teachers tell me to ask for help but how can I ask for help if I don’t even know what I don’t know. Also I kinda need an A or B to get into my course so um Yh I need some motivation and help because at this rate I won’t be getting into uni. Also I’m beginning to think maybe the way I’m revising is wrong so if anyone’s knows any effective and efficient ways to revise then please let me know. Thank youuuuu.
Last edited by Dana1; 1 week ago
bureyabraham
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you tried doing past papers, instead of just revising do exam questions in exam conditions. see what questions you're struggling with the most and focus your revision toward that. Also maybe talk to your teachers about what they think you're not getting. i'm retaking my year 13 and last year i was like this however my year 1 knowledge wasn't as solid as i thought meaning it was causing mistakes in the more complicated topics
Dana1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you so much I’m going to try this x
ZdYnm8vuNR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you're getting Ds, there must be something wrong. When you get questions wrong, what is usually the reason?

Do you not know how to do the questions? When you check to see if you got the question right, do you understand the method used, but can't apply it yourself? Do you struggle with knowing what to do? Do you know what to do, but struggle with the algebraic manipulation/ actually carrying out the method?

You need to answer these questions to identify whats going wrong, only then you can actually start to improve. There's no point to just keep practising if you keep getting 0/10 on questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (66)
54.1%
No (21)
17.21%
I'm not old enough (35)
28.69%

Watched Threads