Omg well done and good luck!!
I have one for Bristol in January :smile:
How are you preparing for yours?
Reply 4
Original post by Anongirl168
Omg well done and good luck!!
I have one for Bristol in January :smile:
How are you preparing for yours?

Thanksss, you too!! I haven’t heard back from Bristol yet. When did you apply and how long did they take to get back to you?
I’ve found some basic interview questions online and I’m also reading the scope of practice of DHDT. What about you? Btw is yours gonna be MMI?
Reply 5
Original post by DHDTDHDT
Thanksss, you too!! I haven’t heard back from Bristol yet. When did you apply and how long did they take to get back to you?
I’ve found some basic interview questions online and I’m also reading the scope of practice of DHDT. What about you? Btw is yours gonna be MMI?

I applied at the very start of October and they asked me to fill out their extra work experience form thingy towards the end of October then they finally got back to me last weekend!! :smile: aww and don't worry, I'm still waiting to hear back from my other 4 choices as well. I'm not too sure whether it'll be MMI but I presume so.
Has anyone received any interviews yet?

Nope, I only sent mine off last week but I think for the majority we’ll hear back in January x
If you don’t mind me asking, where have you applied? x
Reply 8
Original post by student.28
If you don’t mind me asking, where have you applied? x

I applied for Bristol, Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester, how about you? xx
I applied for Bristol, Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester, how about you? xx

I applied to Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds and Birmingham x
I applied to Cardiff, Bristol, Plymouth, Dundee, teeside
when did u guys send off your application?
Is anyone planning on doing dentistry afterwards?
I applied at the very start of October and they asked me to fill out their extra work experience form thingy towards the end of October then they finally got back to me last weekend!! :smile: aww and don't worry, I'm still waiting to hear back from my other 4 choices as well. I'm not too sure whether it'll be MMI but I presume so.

Oh okay that’s fine then I only applied mid November so I guess I have some time before I hear back from them. Where else have you applied? x
Original post by roxyyyyyyyyy
I applied to Cardiff, Bristol, Plymouth, Dundee, teeside
when did u guys send off your application?
Is anyone planning on doing dentistry afterwards?

I sent mine off at the start of October and have you heard from Bristol yet??
And yes I am, I know that Newcastle do internal transfers so after first year DH students can apply to be moved onto 2nd year dentistry if they get 75% overall in their modules but I’m not sure whether to put Newcastle as my first choice strategically and do that or just go back and do post grad dentistry when I’m like 30🤣
Original post by student.28
I applied to Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds and Birmingham

Have you heard back from any of those yet?
Have you heard back from any of those yet?

No not yet, I only sent my application off last Thursday though x
And yes I am, I know that Newcastle do internal transfers so after first year DH students can apply to be moved onto 2nd year dentistry if they get 75% overall in their modules but I’m not sure whether to put Newcastle as my first choice strategically and do that or just go back and do post grad dentistry when I’m like 30🤣

I heard Liverpool do something similar, so after the 3 years of DHT, the top students can do a further 2 years to complete the dentistry course, so that’s another option if dentistry is your end goal x

No reply from Bristol yet.
I know Plymouth does the same but I feel like it very difficult to get into and it's only given if there is space in dentistry.
Would you do postgrad straight after dental therapy and hygiene?
Original post by roxyyyyyyyyy
No reply from Bristol yet.
I know Plymouth does the same but I feel like it very difficult to get into and it's only given if there is space in dentistry.
Would you do postgrad straight after dental therapy and hygiene?

Yes I would. Probably not straight after, I think i’d take a break in between and work as a hygienist, save money and get my life together first etc then go back and do post grad hopefully before I’m 30
hello, on the bristol website i saw you have to fill in that work experience form but it doesn't say what it is, what information do you have to include on this form?
Original post by DHDTDHDT
I have mine at Teesside on 10 December :smile:

do you have to physically go there?

Quick Reply

Latest