How many credits make up a half merit degree in the UK.

Watch
Frate Nero
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi guys, I am currently doing a msc in management degree from one of the business schools in England, I have received a "mid commendation" in my first exam and am waiting on the grades of my second modular exam, I was wondering, how many credits/what grades would I need in order to get a "half merit" degree at the end? I have been thinking of pursuing further studies as has been indicated in my previous posts.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Frate Nero)
Hi guys, I am currently doing a msc in management degree from one of the business schools in England, I have received a "mid commendation" in my first exam and am waiting on the grades of my second modular exam, I was wondering, how many credits/what grades would I need in order to get a "half merit" degree at the end? I have been thinking of pursuing further studies as has been indicated in my previous posts.
Never heard of a "half merit" as a final award, for an MSc its Pass, Merit, Distinction. You might get a transcript carrying a bit more detail that lets a potential employer / PhD supervisor know if it was an upper half / lower half merit but that won't be on the degree certificate. As a rule of thumb the pass, merit, distinction bands map to 2:2 (50-59%) 2:1 (60-69%) 1st (>70%) for an undergrad degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (109)
28.02%
No (280)
71.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed