Left waiting at my apprenticeship. What should I do? Watch

Sloogatha
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I have been stood waiting outside the office for an hour now. I have not been given any contact number, and I was not informed that they would be out of the office this morning.

I haven't received any information and I am just waiting for them to get back. This is a regular occurrence.
Chloe.fortis
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Thats quite bad actually, is there a reception you could ask at? x
Sloogatha
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chloe.fortis)
Thats quite bad actually, is there a reception you could ask at? x
There is, yeah, but they can't get into contact with them. It's just a mess really, my friend has been waiting for 3 hours now :/

Thanks for the help tho x
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Sloogatha)
There is, yeah, but they can't get into contact with them. It's just a mess really, my friend has been waiting for 3 hours now :/

Do you have the number of a co-ordinator you could call? Do you know anyone from the office's mobile number?
Chloe.fortis
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago

no problem, i would definatley complain to the company tho xx
Sloogatha
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Do you have the number of a co-ordinator you could call? Do you know anyone from the office's mobile number?
No, I'd need the number of the supervisor for this department. We've decided we'll wait another hour and then we'd go.

It's just feel like it's a little bit unprofessional leaving 2 apprentices locked out for 4 hours without leaving any kind of message or contact information, or without attempting to make contact.

Anyway, thank you for the help, I appreciate it 😁
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
No, I'd need the number of the supervisor for this department. We've decided we'll wait another hour and then we'd go.

It's just feel like it's a little bit unprofessional leaving 2 apprentices locked out for 4 hours without leaving any kind of message or contact information, or without attempting to make contact.

Anyway, thank you for the help, I appreciate it 😁
It does seem odd that they haven't tried to contact you - surely you would be missed...

Maybe check your emails to see if they have a training day in a different location or something. How long have you been doing this apprenticeship?
Sloogatha
Rep:
?
It does seem odd that they haven't tried to contact you - surely you would be missed...

Maybe check your emails to see if they have a training day in a different location or something. How long have you been doing this apprenticeship?
Hey, so we finally managed to get in contact with them, and they told us to go home. I've been doing the apprenticeship for almost a year now, and this type of thing is pretty common :/

Thanks for the help!
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hey, so we finally managed to get in contact with them, and they told us to go home. I've been doing the apprenticeship for almost a year now, and this type of thing is pretty common :/

Thanks for the help!
That's not very good communication and management on their part. How did they explain their absence?
Sloogatha
Rep:
?
That's not very good communication and management on their part. How did they explain their absence?
Well, they didn't really. The other apprentice was the only one able to get in contact.

No real attempt at communication and no explanation :/
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Well, they didn't really. The other apprentice was the only one able to get in contact.

No real attempt at communication and no explanation :/
How bizarre. Doesn't exactly show much respect for you sadly.
Vexper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I have been stood waiting outside the office for an hour now. I have not been given any contact number, and I was not informed that they would be out of the office this morning.

I haven't received any information and I am just waiting for them to get back. This is a regular occurrence.
After working for the company for a year don't you have access to get inside yourself...?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (162)
19.49%
Labour (422)
50.78%
Liberal Democrats (112)
13.48%
Green Party (46)
5.54%
Brexit Party (12)
1.44%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.68%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)