what do you get wealthy parents for xmas? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
if you're a child of parents who basically have everything, no mortgage, no worry at all about outgoings...

what do you get them at xmas? what do they expect?
ReadingMum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
something personal that shows you put some thought into what they like/are interested in, or something quirky. It does not have to be expensive.
bixol
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don’t think it really matters how wealthy they are. The whole point of a gift is that it comes from you and that’s why it should bear a special meaning and I’m sure they’ll appreciate whatever you give them. Having said that, I’d say get them a new sports car.
Last edited by bixol; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by bixol)
Having said that, I’d say get them a new sports car.
kids don't have access to that amount of cash (in this particular hypothetical situation)
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
if you're a child of parents who basically have everything, no mortgage, no worry at all about outgoings...

Something they will enjoy like a voucher for afternoon tea or a nice vase or Chrismas table decoration
ReadingMum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Something they will enjoy like a voucher for afternoon tea or a nice vase or Chrismas table decoration
Know your parents! If my DD bought me any of these I would be somewhat disappointed I would, of course, smile and say lovely things but inside I would be wondering who she had confused me with.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Personally I’m taking my mother out for a spa day in London. And giving my dad an activity asw
ساره
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Something like a personal gift
username2950448
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The gift that keeps on giving - me!
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Its not really about financially value anyway, I got my mum a custom made painting of a pet once. Still think this means more to her then when i bought her a bottle of her favourite Channel number (despite that being more usable & expensive).
Kitten in boots
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A generous life insurance policy.
yzanne
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe something meaningful / has memories attached to it? No matter how wealthy they are, they will have emotion and will appreciate the sentiment. Their happiness with your present will most likely be measure by how much effort you put into it! :yep:
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Personally I’m taking my mother out for a spa day in London. And giving my dad an activity asw
A spa day is a lovely gift - but pricey for some but a good chance for a bit of bonding
VSF
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe the gift of time more than anything else, showing you care. You could as an example make a voucher up of a menu that they would love and that they can redeem with you for you to prepare, cook, serve and clear up for them on a date you all agree as mutually convenient. If you're clever with the menu you should be able to prepare starter & dessert before and so really only have to cook the main course.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
Know your parents! If my DD bought me any of these I would be somewhat disappointed I would, of course, smile and say lovely things but inside I would be wondering who she had confused me with.
What about if the afternoon tea included a glass of champagne, interested now?
Igotbbcalevel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
that's really thoughtful of you. your parents brought you up well
snowprincess7
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Definitely like an experience such as the spa, or a sporting event, a day at the theater maybe ??
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Your time.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
A spa day is a lovely gift - but pricey for some but a good chance for a bit of bonding
Right here we are talking about wealthy parents.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Right here we are talking about wealthy parents.
And wealthy kids if they can afford a spa day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (412)
43.78%
No (98)
10.41%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.8%

Watched Threads