does anyone have parents who do not "do" gifts to each other? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
does anyone have parents who basically don't really bother giving each other gifts?

and if so, does that mean you're not expected to "do" gifts with them also?
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
does anyone have parents who basically don't really bother giving each other gifts?

and if so, does that mean you're not expected to "do" gifts with them also?
This gift giving is such a waste of money. I do not give to my husband and vice versa. Save your money and buy something you want not what other people think you want.

As an example. My daughter is a vegetarian and has been for 12 years. Presents from her aunt over the past 4 years have been... a pair or real leather gloves, a leather covered photo frame and the worst..... a hat with a real fur bobble on it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
This gift giving is such a waste of money. I do not give to my husband and vice versa. Save your money and buy something you want not what other people think you want.
but...what do you think or expect your kids to get you at xmas? as in, some people get anxiety and feel it's a hopeless cause. If it looks spendthrift, will kid get told off...and ...parent might /will probably not even like gift... unless it's something really small and generic like chocolate or soap!!!

I suppose I just don't pay enough attention into what any parent might actually want...
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
but...what do you think or expect your kids to get you at xmas? as in, some people get anxiety and feel it's a hopeless cause. If it looks spendthrift, will kid get told off...and ...parent might /will probably not even like gift... unless it's something really small and generic like chocolate or soap!!!

I suppose I just don't pay enough attention into what any parent might actually want...
If I want anything I go out and buy it. My daughter knows how much I like my bath so she got me soap bombs from Lush. Perfect and not expensive.

Why don't you offer to cook them dinner .... a really nice one and then do am, the washing up after
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 6 days ago
My parents barely give gifts neither do my partner and I, we only do if we really want something. We prefer going out for dinner or just a nice evening at home with a home cooked meal. She bought me earphones for my birthday (and a pair for herself xD) but we have both been wanting these buds for ages so it was less like a gift.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
If I want anything I go out and buy it. My daughter knows how much I like my bath so she got me soap bombs from Lush. Perfect and not expensive.

Why don't you offer to cook them dinner .... a really nice one and then do am, the washing up after
thank you, wish I'd asked this years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (20)
42.55%
No I don't (18)
38.3%
I work during the holidays (9)
19.15%

Watched Threads