Anonymous2910
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm nearly at the end of semester 1 in my first year of uni but not sure if carrying on is right for me. I've been constantly feeling up and down about the whole experience and can't exactly pinpoint what's making me have these changes in mood. Ive also been struggling with anxiety a lot and can tell I'm feeling depressed sometimes. Does anybody have any advice on what I should do because i've been contemplating leaving at xmas as I feel like if I'm in this position after half a year, I don't know if it would get better or worse in a years time.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous2910)
I'm nearly at the end of semester 1 in my first year of uni but not sure if carrying on is right for me. I've been constantly feeling up and down about the whole experience and can't exactly pinpoint what's making me have these changes in mood. Ive also been struggling with anxiety a lot and can tell I'm feeling depressed sometimes. Does anybody have any advice on what I should do because i've been contemplating leaving at xmas as I feel like if I'm in this position after half a year, I don't know if it would get better or worse in a years time.
Hi there Anonymous2910

Don't worry, going to university is a big change and it can sometimes take a while to settle into the routine.

Do you have a Student Support department at your university you can talk to about your anxiety and how you're feeling? They can be very helpful in offering advice and support whilst you are feeling anxious and low in mood. I'd also recommend checking out the Hub of Hope for services close to your post code, whether at home or at university.

Your personal tutor can also be a great support if you feel down and are struggling with your course, so I'd contact them too.

Please feel free to message any questions we can help you with

Fi :horse:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (278)
48.18%
No (65)
11.27%
I'm not old enough (234)
40.55%

Watched Threads