Skipping breakfast Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello. I’m a 14 year old girl, and a few months ago I decided to start skipping breakfast. Apparently it’s called intermittent fasting and I have a period of eating for 8 hours (12 to 8) before ‘fasting’ overnight for 16 hours. It was all fine up until a few weeks ago. Normally I skip breakfast altogether but sometimes I have a ristretto shot to wake me up. Anyway, I didn’t used to have a problem with it and I would go from waking up to about 12:30 without getting hungry. However, recently I have been waking up and starting to get hungry at like 8??? I don’t eat until 1 pm normally. I feel like the hunger is affecting my concentration at school but I still get good grades. Also, I’ve started having much stronger urges to eat unhealthily in the 8 hour period where I can eat, for example I keep buying cakes with my lunch. I would start eating lunch again but I hate cereal and we never have much fruit at home. Please tell me what to do or how to avoid urges to eat unhealthily.
Anonymous #1
I meant I would start eating breakfast*
aciana
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think it's best you eat breakfast. Apparently eating early can make your metabolism stronger and you don't want to slow your metabolism as that will make you put on weight over time. You are also very young so you are growing and need to eat properly you don't want to have weak bones or anaemia or something. I don't think you should carry on intermittent fasting for a prolonged time. If you're worried about your health and weight, you could talk to your doctor about it and they can weight you and show you where you're bmi is. You'll probably be surprised how healthy you are. And to avoid eating unhealthily...you could try eating humous, carrot sticks, avocado, nuts. If you had time at the weekend you could make some low sugar wholemeal cookies to have for lunch.
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I mean this is a sign that this kind of diet isn't working for you. Just have a healthy breakfast, healthy lunch and healthy dinner with some healthy snacks and you'll be fine.
Anonymous #1
Thanks for the replies! I will try eating breakfast tomorrow. This lunch I got a pot of grapes instead of a cake, which was good! I’ll just keep substituting in healthy options whenever I want cake/sweets. The cookie idea is really good, I’ll try making some when I have time.
Elbram
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think intermittent fasting is best for older people, or at least adults. At your age, you should be eating lots of food because you haven't finished developing. Don't worry about eating too much fatty/meaty/starchy foods, just try not to eat sugary foods.
Perhaps try fasting in the future as it allegedly prolongs lifespan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (412)
43.78%
No (98)
10.41%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise