The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) Accommodation thread 2020/21

*** If you have questions about accommodation you can ask below or ring - 0330 024 6390 ***

Hello everyone,

Accommodation is now OPEN! You can apply for accommodation with us once you've made your final choices.

Did you know that you can still apply for accommodation even if you put us as your insurance choice?!

We wanted to create this thread so you can ask any questions you have about the accommodation you're applying to, as it can be hard to know which place to choose or you will enjoy the most. You can see our previous thread here, for advice from previous applicants.

Start a conversation about your accommodation choices below and find others in a similar situation to you before you start.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, do you have to pick 4 accommodations? And can you put them in order to the one you want the ones you aren’t fused on?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Abss26
Hi, do you have to pick 4 accommodations? And can you put them in order to the one you want the ones you aren’t fused on?

Hello @Abss26
Yes, you can select 4 halls of residence to apply for, you can put your options in your preference order however, remember that you might not be offered your first choice, so make sure you are happy with all of your selections.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thank you
Rachel
Looking for someone to take over tenancy agreement at forge for the rest of the academic year
A block so close to reception and facilities like the gym and laundry room
Shared with 2 nursing students 1 first year and 1 second

£121 a week, you get your own en-suite it’s just a shared living room and kitchen, and i’d have to ask the accommodation about parking because you’d need to pay a fixed term price but there are parking spaces available

Pm me for any questions 😊
Hi are there any other student nurses who have applied for accommodation, and if so, which halls have you gone for?
Hi there, I'm starting my adult nursing in September and looking at accommodation, Ive looked at The elements and that looks nice, just wondering if there is any other student nurses that will be starting in September and looking at accommodation, any recommendations?
Original post by stu151201
Hi are there any other student nurses who have applied for accommodation, and if so, which halls have you gone for?

I've applied for Bramall court, Charlotte court, the Anvil and Trigon. If you are bringing a car, Bramall and Charlotte courts are the most recommended.
Original post by GeorgiaG1
Hi there, I'm starting my adult nursing in September and looking at accommodation, Ive looked at The elements and that looks nice, just wondering if there is any other student nurses that will be starting in September and looking at accommodation, any recommendations?

If you are bringing a car, Bramall Court and Charlotte Court are the most recommended because of the competitively priced parking. I've applied for Bramall, Charlotte, the Anvil and Trigon but bear in mind these accomodations are not as chic or fancy as the Elements.
I also wondered if there was anyone coming from Doncaster and if they were maybe thinking of just commuting in daily?
Do you know which specific accommodations let you stay over the summer? I asked Hallam Help but they were unclear?
Original post by nassem hamed
Do you know which specific accommodations let you stay over the summer? I asked Hallam Help but they were unclear?

Hi @nassem hamed,

If you email our accommodation team on [email protected] they will be able to answer this query for you :smile:

Let me know if you have any other questions about student life at Hallam or in Sheffield!
- Ella
If Sheffield Hallam is my insurance choice and I want to stay in their halls of residence do I apply as a SHU student or non-SHU student?
Original post by James rafter
If Sheffield Hallam is my insurance choice and I want to stay in their halls of residence do I apply as a SHU student or non-SHU student?

Hi @James rafter

Please apply as a new SHU student when applying to our halls of residence. Even if you have put it as you're insurance choice, you would be a student if you ended up coming here :smile: Let me know if you have any more questions about Hallam or student life in Sheffield!

- Ella
Any advice on private sector housing?
Been using the student housing site and I'm gonna need a place to stay September 2020 til September 2021 (I think) for my postgrad year.
Are there good places to look if a flexible contract would be better?
Looks like there's plenty of good places, but I'm also kinda keen to find people in the same boat as me or just need someone to fill a space!!
Original post by TheDenDen
Any advice on private sector housing?
Been using the student housing site and I'm gonna need a place to stay September 2020 til September 2021 (I think) for my postgrad year.
Are there good places to look if a flexible contract would be better?
Looks like there's plenty of good places, but I'm also kinda keen to find people in the same boat as me or just need someone to fill a space!!

Hello @TheDenDen,
There is lots of fantastic housing opportunities within Sheffield, you can find information about accommodation and specifically private sector housing on our website.

If you are unable to find with you are looking for please email [email protected] and they will be more than happy to help you out and point you in the right direction or answer any questions you may have.

All the best for finding accommodation.

-Rachel
Original post by James rafter

Hi there,

I am currently looking for someone to take over my tenancy for the academic year September 2020/2021 ASAP. Due to my current tenancy ending on the 25th July and moving away.

There is no deposit to pay or advanced rent. The contract is exactly 44weeks from 19th September 2020 until 24th July 2021. There are 5 ensuite rooms in total and one is currently occupied by an international student, however, there will be different students moving in from September.

Below is a link of the room/accommodation:
https://www.spareroom.co.uk/15201490

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or want further info.

Original post by Nisha.ol
Hi, I’m starting adult nursing in September and will be staying at the elements :smile: Have you got you accomodation yet?

Hi there,

Do you know of anyone who still needs student halls accommodation?

I'm currently looking for someone to take over my tenancy for the academic year September 2020/2021. Due to my current contract ending on the 25th July and moving away.

Original post by Artemis09
If you are bringing a car, Bramall Court and Charlotte Court are the most recommended because of the competitively priced parking. I've applied for Bramall, Charlotte, the Anvil and Trigon but bear in mind these accomodations are not as chic or fancy as the Elements.

Hi,

Currently looking for someone to take over my tenancy for the academic year September 2020/2021 at The Anvil. Due to my current tenancy ending there on the 25th July and moving away.

If you're interested or have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Original post by stu151201

Hi, I’m starting adult nursing in September and will be living in the Elements :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
*** If you have questions about accommodation you can ask below or ring - 0330 024 6390 ***

Hello everyone,

Accommodation is now OPEN! You can apply for accommodation with us once you've made your final choices.

Did you know that you can still apply for accommodation even if you put us as your insurance choice?!

We wanted to create this thread so you can ask any questions you have about the accommodation you're applying to, as it can be hard to know which place to choose or you will enjoy the most. You can see our previous thread here, for advice from previous applicants.

Start a conversation about your accommodation choices below and find others in a similar situation to you before you start.

Hiya, I'm looking for someone to take over my contract at leadmill point near the train station. It's a non ensuite £69 pppw. It's an ideal location next to the leadmill and smack down in the city center. Please let me know if you're interested. I've lived there last year and I can tell you all about my experience. Moreover, they will not take payment if online learning were to resume.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending