I want to quit sixth form but i want some results Watch

EloiseKnight
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Anyone else feel like this? Since i was in year 6, i always wanted to go to sixth form but when i started in year 12 (im now in year 13) i hated it ever since i started. I considered an AS level but never actually went through with it. Im now stuck with wanting to drop my a level photography, maybe media studies, and carry on with Performing arts cause thats what i want to go into. I don’t really have a stable friendship group that i hang out with all the time and now starting to feel lonely as i also dont hang out in the common room. My teachers are stressing me out cause almost everyone in my year has applied and had some offers back from universities but im not even sure i want to go!!!!

December is an extremely stressful time for me as my birthday sits right in the middle of teachers saying we got to get everything done and the end of term.

I don’t know if im stressing too much but does anyone have any advice for me?
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by EloiseKnight)
Anyone else feel like this? Since i was in year 6, i always wanted to go to sixth form but when i started in year 12 (im now in year 13) i hated it ever since i started. I considered an AS level but never actually went through with it. Im now stuck with wanting to drop my a level photography, maybe media studies, and carry on with Performing arts cause thats what i want to go into. I don’t really have a stable friendship group that i hang out with all the time and now starting to feel lonely as i also dont hang out in the common room. My teachers are stressing me out cause almost everyone in my year has applied and had some offers back from universities but im not even sure i want to go!!!!

December is an extremely stressful time for me as my birthday sits right in the middle of teachers saying we got to get everything done and the end of term.

I don’t know if im stressing too much but does anyone have any advice for me?
Try not to panic, it’s okay if you don’t want to go to university. Nobody will force you into going as it’s such a big life change, there’s other options rather than university.

Do you have any teachers that you trust to talk to? Somebody that you can ventilate to verbally, rather then online?
del1rious
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Could you not just suck it up and finish the year? It IS helpful to have A Levels as you may want to go to university later on in life- this happened to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (413)
43.84%
No (98)
10.4%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.75%

Watched Threads