Didn't know to hand in hard-copy of essay Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all, I am very stressed.

Earlier this term we had an essay assignment worth 20% of our total grade. The other day we got our marks back and I had been given 0. I found out that this was because my essay hadn't been marked since I hadn't handed in a hard-copy (printed out version).

I uploaded my turnitin copy well on time but I literally had no idea that a hard-copy was required. This is the first time I've been in this situation!
Every other course I've been on the lecturer had put up an announcement, posted a link to print the cover sheet, mentioned it in a lecture/seminar or something like this as a reminder. This particular class had nothing of the sort.

Looking over every material it did mention this assignment required a hard-copy at the back of the course guide but it was so easy to miss (evidently). It never got mentioned again in any other assignment material.

I've gone to student support and emailed the lecturer about it, however, the teaching staff at my university are on strike currently so I'm really struggling.

Has anyone else been in this position before??
grKiro
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Never been there but heard before, stay in touch with student support and hopefully it’ll be sort out
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Earlier this term we had an essay assignment worth 20% of our total grade. The other day we got our marks back and I had been given 0. I found out that this was because my essay hadn't been marked since I hadn't handed in a hard-copy (printed out version).

I uploaded my turnitin copy well on time but I literally had no idea that a hard-copy was required. This is the first time I've been in this situation!
Every other course I've been on the lecturer had put up an announcement, posted a link to print the cover sheet, mentioned it in a lecture/seminar or something like this as a reminder. This particular class had nothing of the sort.

Looking over every material it did mention this assignment required a hard-copy at the back of the course guide but it was so easy to miss (evidently). It never got mentioned again in any other assignment material.

I've gone to student support and emailed the lecturer about it, however, the teaching staff at my university are on strike currently so I'm really struggling.

So did everyone else hand in a hard copy. If other people failed to do so then you may have a case. It seems strange in these days of saving the planet and carbon footprint that you have to physically print off and hand in an actual paper copy.

Let that be your argument
grKiro
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So did everyone else hand in a hard copy. If other people failed to do so then you may have a case. It seems strange in these days of saving the planet and carbon footprint that you have to physically print off and hand in an actual paper copy.

Let that be your argument
Good point 👆🏼
gutenberg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

As others have said, you may have a case if many others also missed the hard copy requirement. Otherwise, it's tough luck I'm afraid, if the course guide specified that a hard copy was required, as it can't be said that students weren't informed. If you didn't read the course guide properly to check assignment requirements, then that's on you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (278)
48.18%
No (65)
11.27%
I'm not old enough (234)
40.55%

Watched Threads