Rejected from UCL due to grades lower than required Watch

Fayh27
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’ve been rejected from UCL for BA Philosophy as my predicted grades are A*AB, rather than AAA. However I’m working hard to get that B to an A in the final exams. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this occurring and has managed to reapply to UCL the day after results day, and successfully got in? Thank you in advance!
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's possible via Adjustment/Clearing but both would require the course to be available at the time which is not guaranteed.
apea836
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A*AB is a good set of grades...many places would accept you with that and if they don't want you now honey, why are you going back to them?
dj_ad_1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
its only one uni so dw if u really wanna go there just apply through clearing
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
UCL isnt normally in clearing so it is unlikely you will get in on results day. Over the last few years it has been 1 of about 7 Russell Group universities that dont participate in clearing.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
UCL isnt normally in clearing so it is unlikely you will get in on results day. Over the last few years it has been 1 of about 7 Russell Group universities that dont participate in clearing.
last year however it was in adjustment for surprisingly many subjects such as history, English, sociology etc. so i wouldn't be surprised if it was in adjustment again.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
How many days after you applied did you get a rejection ??
Fayh27
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Around 12 days x
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Fayh27)
Around 12 days x
Were you eligible for contextual offers?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (352)
46.44%
No (81)
10.69%
I'm not old enough (325)
42.88%

Watched Threads