Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Economics at UCL, Kings, Nottingham and Warwick
Economics and Economic History at LSE

Applied: Late November
GCSEs: 99988877A66
Predicted: A* Maths A* Economics and A Geography

Offers from Nottingham (A*AA) and Kings (A*AA) still waiting to hear from the rest
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by neekneek)
Economics at UCL, Kings, Nottingham and Warwick
Economics and Economic History at LSE

Applied: Late November
GCSEs: 99988877A66
Predicted: A* Maths A* Economics and A Geography

Offers from Nottingham (A*AA) and Kings (A*AA) still waiting to hear from the rest
I know of many still waiting in UCL economics. One predicted 4A* and has 10*/9s at GCSE.

Long, long wait.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
Bath or Durham for Economics, purely academic, prestige and career opportunities wise?
Anonymous #5
Report 1 year ago
Hi still waiting to hear from Leeds and kings economics applied before Christmas predicted grades A*AA maths / economics / business have offers from Nottingham/ Manchester / Birmingham any one still waiting to hear from kings and Leeds thanks
neekneek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Bath or Durham for Economics, purely academic, prestige and career opportunities wise?
definitely Durham in terms of prestige and career prospects
Dhwanil19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got into Warwick but got a rejection from LSE. Course BSc Econ. I just wanna know as an international student, how good is Warwick?
Jamesr128392
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Durham
username3173100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dhwanil19)
I got into Warwick but got a rejection from LSE. Course BSc Econ. I just wanna know as an international student, how good is Warwick?
Warwick is a top 5 uni for econ in the UK. Along with Oxbridge, UCL and LSE, Warwick is considered a member of the 'Tier 1' of unis for econ.
Anonymous #6
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys, my a level predicted grades are a*a*a (maths, economics and further maths respectively). I have already got an A in my EPQ and my GCSE results were 9988777766A.

I have applied for:
Warwick economics (waiting for response)
St. Andrews economics (waiting for response)
UCL economics (waiting for response)
Lancaster economics offer aab plus an interview for unconditional
Warwick MORSE (waiting for response)

I applied on the 16th December, what do you think my chances are of getting offers from UCL and Warwick.
did u hear back from anyone
Anonymous #7
Report 1 year ago
I have recieved all my offers from St. Andrews, Durham, Warwick, Kings and UCL guys!
Jonny012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
did u hear back from anyone
Yes! Offers from UCL (economics bsc), Lancaster (economics bsc) and Warwick (MORSE). Rejections from St Andrews (economics bsc) and Warwick (economics bsc). Firmed UCL and insured lancaster!
Anonymous #6
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jonny012)
Yes! Offers from UCL (economics bsc), Lancaster (economics bsc) and Warwick (MORSE). Rejections from St Andrews (economics bsc) and Warwick (economics bsc). Firmed UCL and insured lancaster!
well done!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
well done!
Thank you, hopefully my teachers give me the grades I need and was predicted. Otherwise I don’t know what’s going to happen, desperate times get into UCL.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you, hopefully my teachers give me the grades I need and was predicted. Otherwise I don’t know what’s going to happen, desperate times get into UCL.
why did you pick UCL over Warwick? the MORSE degree sound aweome
Jonny012
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
why did you pick UCL over Warwick? the MORSE degree sound aweome
You are completely right in saying the MORSE degree sounds awesome, I went to both universities absolutely fell in love with UCL. This was mainly due to the talk given to economics offer holders, it blew me away compared to any other uni I have been to... Warwick was great but the community feel at UCL was warmer, and I really love London as a city. I put MORSE down just in case I didn’t get UCL or Warwick economics bsc offers, as the offer rate is high on the MORSE course. Also the main focus with the MORSE structure is maths and has little economics from what I’ve seen in the proportions, and I want to focus more so on econ. The UCL econ course is quite heavy with maths, so I’m sure that will give me plenty of challenge from what I’ve been told by current students, which I quite look forward to I’m confident I will get given A* in econ and maths at a level, just a bit worried that I may get given a B in further maths so I’m continuing revising for that, as I know how strict UCL admissions are . Hope that answers your question mostly
Last edited by Jonny012; 1 year ago
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You are completely right in saying the MORSE degree sounds awesome, I went to both universities absolutely fell in love with UCL. This was mainly due to the talk given to economics offer holders, it blew me away compared to any other uni I have been to... Warwick was great but the community feel at UCL was warmer, and I really love London as a city. I put MORSE down just in case I didn’t get UCL or Warwick economics bsc offers, as the offer rate is high on the MORSE course. Also the main focus with the MORSE structure is maths and has little economics from what I’ve seen in the proportions, and I want to focus more so on econ. The UCL econ course is quite heavy with maths, so I’m sure that will give me plenty of challenge from what I’ve been told by current students, which I quite look forward to I’m confident I will get given A* in econ and maths at a level, just a bit worried that I may get given a B in further maths so I’m continuing revising for that, as I know how strict UCL admissions are . Hope that answers your question mostly
fair enough, not sure i've ever heard someone say they found the atmosphere of London unis warmer than a campus uni, but each to their own! good luck
Anonymous #6
Report 1 year ago
are you a UK student? are a-levels not cancelled for you?
Jonny012
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
fair enough, not sure i've ever heard someone say they found the atmosphere of London unis warmer than a campus uni, but each to their own! good luck
Thank you going to need it 😅
Jonny012
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
are you a UK student? are a-levels not cancelled for you?
I am a UK student, a-levels are cancelled but just in case I don’t get given an A in further maths I’m continuing my revision so I can take the exam in autumn.
Anonymous #6
Report 1 year ago
I am a UK student, a-levels are cancelled but just in case I don’t get given an A in further maths I’m continuing my revision so I can take the exam in autumn.
ah okay! if you do not get the grades, would your UCL offer be gone? and would you just reapply again?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (136)
4.84%
Uncertainty around my education (412)
14.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (316)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (395)
14.05%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (127)
4.52%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (171)
6.08%
Loneliness (244)
8.68%
Financial worries (101)
3.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (113)
4.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (131)
4.66%
Lack of real life entertainment (151)
5.37%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (247)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (268)
9.53%

Watched Threads