The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
ah okay! if you do not get the grades, would your UCL offer be gone? and would you just reapply again?

I have no clue yet UCL are yet to make a statement as they are waiting for the exams boards to release details on how grades will be allocated. I doubt my offer would be gone but I’d probably have to sit the exam in autumn, just hoping for the best and preparing for the worst!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Jonny012
I have no clue yet UCL are yet to make a statement as they are waiting for the exams boards to release details on how grades will be allocated. I doubt my offer would be gone but I’d probably have to sit the exam in autumn, just hoping for the best and preparing for the worst!

ahhh okay! so annoying not knowing how any of this works tbh! congrats on your offer though!
ahhh okay! so annoying not knowing how any of this works tbh! congrats on your offer though!

Thank you!
Bath or Durham for Economics?
Bath or Durham for Economics?

I’d personally prefer bath as it’s a bsc, personal preference though
Hey can anyone help me out with choosing my insurance?
So I will be firming LSE for economics but I am really conflicted between Manchester (Large econs department, offer all the modules, highly ranked internationally) Bath (highly ranked within UK for economics, great graduate prospects) and KCL ( highly reputed uni although the course is new)
Hey can anyone help me out with choosing my insurance?
So I will be firming LSE for economics but I am really conflicted between Manchester (Large econs department, offer all the modules, highly ranked internationally) Bath (highly ranked within UK for economics, great graduate prospects) and KCL ( highly reputed uni although the course is new)

I'd choose Bath. Manchester and KCL aren't as good as Bath for econ and employment support is also much better at Bath.
I've applied to warwick and lse for Econ and politics
my gcses weren't great at:98888777776
predicted A*A*A and doing epq

do I have a chance at getting an offer?
Original post by narwhuals
Hi i've received all decisions.
IGCSEs: seven A* (Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Business Studies, ICT, ESL, Bahasa Indonesia)
Predicted: A*A*A* (Economics, Accounting, Mathematics)

I know accounting is a pretty weak subject but that's the best combination I could take. My school does not offer further math, but I've been competing in the national olympiad in Economics for two years. I think that's what makes up for accounting loll.

Applied (16/09)

Decisions in chronological order:
Warwick Economics - Offer: A*AA (02/10)
Edinburgh Economics - Offer: ABB (14/10)
LSE Economics - Rejected: Personal Statement (01/11)
Warwick Economic Studies & Global Sustainable Development - Offer: A*AA (01/11)
Oxford E&M - Rejected before interview (27/11)

I'd suggest you to show what you like about Econ, what you wish to do with your knowledge of it, and kinda implicitly show how you know certain econ concepts while doing so.

Do you think I’ll get into Warwick? I applied on January 2021 but still haven’t heard back from them. My subjects are the same as yours but I’m not sure about my predicted grades. Should I be worried?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending