ellie.w4596
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've applied to Biosciences with Biology at Lancaster Uni and have been given an offer of AAB. Later on I received an email telling me that I've been invited to attend an interview to upgrade my offer to an unconditional. They gave me a choice of dates and I've booked on.

I'm curious, has anyone else received this? And does anyone know what the day will consist of? Is it just like a one on one interview with admissions staff or do we have to do a practical experiment? Also is it a smart/casual interview?

Sorry I have a lot of questions Thank you so much!
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ellie.w4596)
I've applied to Biosciences with Biology at Lancaster Uni and have been given an offer of AAB. Later on I received an email telling me that I've been invited to attend an interview to upgrade my offer to an unconditional. They gave me a choice of dates and I've booked on.

I'm curious, has anyone else received this? And does anyone know what the day will consist of? Is it just like a one on one interview with admissions staff or do we have to do a practical experiment? Also is it a smart/casual interview?

Sorry I have a lot of questions Thank you so much!
Hey!

I had a similar situation 2 years ago for my place on the Finance & Economics course. Obviously with the variance in course and progression of time our interviews may be very different but I can give you an insight into what mine was like!

For me the day consisted of attending 'mock' lectures (these were on fun topics and were honestly quite enjoyable to get an insight into an area of my degree I'd never thought about before) and then the interview itself.

The interview for me was very chill - they really just wanted to gage how passionate I was about my degree and see what kind of person I was. They obviously want to know you are a person who is deserving of an unconditional. In terms of a practical experiment I am unsure I'm afraid - there is no harm in contact the department directly and asking however! For my interview I wore work attire - treat it like a job interview.

Hope this response was in some way helpful!
Charlie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.06%
They've been reasonable (69)
40.59%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.88%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.47%

Watched Threads