yeetyeet69696969
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was wondering whether contextual offers can be based upon where you got your GCSEs from or if it is only where you are studying your Alevels at. My old school where I got my GCSEs from falls into the list of schools available for contextual offers but my new school where im doing my Alevels doesn't. I am thinking of applying bath bristol southampton birmingham and maybe imperial. any advice would be appreciated. thanks
Humairaahpatel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Where you do your GCSES, a levels, where you live, wether your parents went to uni is all taken into account
My parents went to uni & the school I went to & college are both way above average and I still some how got a contextual so, l literally depends on the uni bc I got it from one but not another
yeetyeet69696969
Rep:
?
(Original post by Humairaahpatel)
Where you do your GCSES, a levels, where you live, wether your parents went to uni is all taken into account
My parents went to uni & the school I went to & college are both way above average and I still some how got a contextual so, l literally depends on the uni bc I got it from one but not another
ok thank you
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Most uni’s will consider attendance at lower performing gcse or AL schools/colleges.

They will have info on their websites, you can always check before you apply, google “contextual+Uni name”.

If you get an offer and it isn’t reduced, you can always ask them to check whether they considered both schools. Sometimes the system will only flag the most recent so there’s no harm in them manually checking.
yeetyeet69696969
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
Most uni’s will consider attendance at lower performing gcse or AL schools/colleges.

They will have info on their websites, you can always check before you apply, google “contextual+Uni name”.

If you get an offer and it isn’t reduced, you can always ask them to check whether they considered both schools. Sometimes the system will only flag the most recent so there’s no harm in them manually checking.
ok thank you will do
_ap12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Contextual offers are a joke anyway.
yeetyeet69696969
Rep:
?
(Original post by _ap12)
Contextual offers are a joke anyway.
personally I dont think they should be a thing, schools whether good or bad really do not have an outcome on results. I only go to school for resources really. But hey if i can get a reduced offer then I wouldnt mind it lol
_ap12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by yeetyeet69696969)
personally I dont think they should be a thing, schools whether good or bad really do not have an outcome on results. I only go to school for resources really. But hey if i can get a reduced offer then I wouldnt mind it lol
Fair enough I would do the same in your shoes. It depends on a lot of things. I go to a grammar school and people still got contextual offers in my year.
yeetyeet69696969
Rep:
?
(Original post by _ap12)
Fair enough I would do the same in your shoes. It depends on a lot of things. I go to a grammar school and people still got contextual offers in my year.
yh same but switched after GCSEs from just your average state school. Do you know if they did a similiar thing and got contextual because of it?
_ap12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by yeetyeet69696969)
yh same but switched after GCSEs from just your average state school. Do you know if they did a similiar thing and got contextual because of it?
They been in the grammar school since y7. (Worth mentioning its a state funded grammar school)
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Now, now... hasn't this already got Prince Andrew into enough trouble?
yeetyeet69696969
Rep:
?
(Original post by _ap12)
They been in the grammar school since y7. (Worth mentioning its a state funded grammar school)
ah alright, same with state funded
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (352)
46.44%
No (81)
10.69%
I'm not old enough (325)
42.88%

Watched Threads