Lucy135
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hello I was looking for some advice on what course at uni to take to become a business teacher as I’m unsure what exactly to look for, I believe I would have to do a pgce afterwards to study the business part as a postgraduate course but not sure what to look for with an undergraduate course, hope this makes sense!
dj_ad_1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Tbh i think u just need to do any business related degree to become a business teacher but u need to carry on to do masters after doing bachelors.
Studentboy783
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Lucy135)
Hello I was looking for some advice on what course at uni to take to become a business teacher as I’m unsure what exactly to look for, I believe I would have to do a pgce afterwards to study the business part as a postgraduate course but not sure what to look for with an undergraduate course, hope this makes sense!
I think the way it works for any teacher you do a Bachelors in the subject you want to teach and the Postgraduate program that allows you to become a teacher
myraxo
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Depends what level you want to teach at
Lucy135
Rep:
?
(Original post by myraxo)
Depends what level you want to teach at
Gcse to a level so I’m not totally sure what courses to be looking for if that makes sense
Lucy135
Rep:
?
(Original post by dj_ad_1)
Tbh i think u just need to do any business related degree to become a business teacher but u need to carry on to do masters after doing bachelors.
So after the bachelors would you do a postgraduate in education or advance further in business?
myraxo
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Gcse to a level so I’m not totally sure what courses to be looking for if that makes sense
If you’re being a gcse teacher you only need an a level and pgce in the subject you want to teach. It doesn’t matter what you do at university unless if you want to teach over 16s.

For more information about teaching over 16s check out
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-prof...cation-teacher
dj_ad_1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
So after the bachelors would you do a postgraduate in education or advance further in business?
advance further in business like maybe do a bachelors with a placement year as u can talk about the skills u learnt there and stuff. Id also highly recommend u have a part time job such as a tutor cos the skills u learn there can really help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (201)
18.77%
Labour (553)
51.63%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.45%
Green Party (59)
5.51%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)