Thoughts on Football being on Amazon prime Watch

Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So what do you guys think of Amazon prime streaming Premier League geames?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...PwtIy2idhzkK30
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
So what do you guys think of Amazon prime streaming Premier League geames?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...PwtIy2idhzkK30
I think it's just Amazon gobbling up yet more stuff in its quest for world domination. I dislike the trend.
joey11223
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't like how split things are getting tbh, I appreciate you don't exactly want a monopoly but now if you want access to all games you need sky, bt and prime. and potentially premiersports albeit they don't have much so far. Could be more even.

Personally I have sky and bt as I watch a lot of football, my dad has amazon prime so I'll use his, wouldnt pay just for football unless they get more games.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did not like the 8.15pm start time for two of the games. Though as it was on Amazon, you'd normally have to wait in half the day and get a card saying 'sorry we missed you'.
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I watched United on amazon prime and thought it was very well done. Commentary and production was spot on, they had different audio options if you want to listen to the crowd, and can watch multiple games at a time. What’s not to like?

I think this is the first baby steps towards the Premier League taking full control of its own product and delivering games via an over-the-top digital streaming service. The era of paying for expensive TV subscriptions and plugging a special box into a big dish on your roof to watch programmes is more or less dead.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by IanDangerously)
I watched United on amazon prime and thought it was very well done. Commentary and production was spot on, they had different audio options if you want to listen to the crowd, and can watch multiple games at a time. What’s not to like?

I think this is the first baby steps towards the Premier League taking full control of its own product and delivering games via an over-the-top digital streaming service. The era of paying for expensive TV subscriptions and plugging a special box into a big dish on your roof to watch programmes is more or less dead.
This cannot happen soon enough tbh. Sky are losing subscribers in droves and won't get them back. I have no idea what BT's numbers are but I can't imagine they're faring much better. The era of having a few old men in suits in a television company's boardroom deciding what games the country should watch is long gone.

Thought the Amazon coverage was excellent and i'm looking forward to Boxing Day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (412)
43.78%
No (98)
10.41%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.8%

Watched Threads