Blue123456
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
So a guy recently showed me so much attention and made it seem like he liked me via text asking alot of qs. I told him if it's ok to call rather than text the following day and he said sure but I have a long day... that day he didnt message or call. then I messaged how was your day.
he said it was f... sh.t mate.
this makes me realise he is flaky and only sees me as a friend so I replied with
ooh. same. not in the mood to text. ttyl.

do you think I should even speak to him again? what if he texts me again in the future?
is he even worth it
tuxedo-
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
This seems like a pretty rash random decision. Take it from me, as a guy, we are often **** at noticing anything or afraid to make a move because we think you're probably just being friendly.

However, it does kinda seem like he might only want to be friends. Either tell him explicitly how you feel or stop texting him i guess. Unless you want to stay friends in which case, obviously stay in touch.

Someone having a **** day and you replying you are not in the mood to talk does not bode well. Kind of a red flag, which he will probably notice. If you want to actually become close with him, why would you reply that? Next time he wants to open up to someone, he probably will not consider you based on that. And if you were interested in him, why have no interest in how hes feeling or listening to him.
Last edited by tuxedo-; 4 days ago
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
So he has a **** day and you reply with “I’m not in the mood to talk”
Lmaooooooo okayyyyyyy
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Blue123456)
So a guy recently showed me so much attention and made it seem like he liked me via text asking alot of qs. I told him if it's ok to call rather than text the following day and he said sure but I have a long day... that day he didnt message or call. then I messaged how was your day.
he said it was f... sh.t mate.
this makes me realise he is flaky and only sees me as a friend so I replied with
ooh. same. not in the mood to text. ttyl.

do you think I should even speak to him again? what if he texts me again in the future?
is he even worth it

you were a bit hasty imo, maybe he had a bad day and didn't feel upto lavishing you with attention
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Sounds like he had a **** day and you probably made it worse.
Blue123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by tuxedo-)
This seems like a pretty rash random decision. Take it from me, as a guy, we are often **** at noticing anything or afraid to make a move because we think you're probably just being friendly.

However, it does kinda seem like he might only want to be friends. Either tell him explicitly how you feel or stop texting him i guess. Unless you want to stay friends in which case, obviously stay in touch.

Someone having a **** day and you replying you are not in the mood to talk does not bode well. Kind of a red flag, which he will probably notice. If you want to actually become close with him, why would you reply that? Next time he wants to open up to someone, he probably will not consider you based on that. And if you were interested in him, why have no interest in how hes feeling or listening to him.
oh no. you're right
I have just messaged again saying
Sorry, I should've asked why you has a sh*t day.
You feeling any better? Want to talk about it?
Last edited by Blue123456; 4 days ago
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Well don't think he will be bothering to talk to you again after the way you shot him down.
Blue123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Well don't think he will be bothering to talk to you again after the way you shot him down.
yeah I have only realised now that i shouldn't have responded like that so I did send a follow up message and then gave him a call (didn't respond). look above for the message I sent
tuxedo-
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
oh no. you're right
I have just messaged again saying
Sorry, I should've asked why you has a sh*t day.
You feeling any better? Want to talk about it?
Hopefully for you, he'll change his mind. Take this as a learning experience whatever the outcome. And next time, try to communicate better and make more of a move or talk about how you feel. But obviously pick a time when whoever you're talking to is in a good mood.
Blue123456
Rep:
?
Hopefully for you, he'll change his mind. Take this as a learning experience whatever the outcome. And next time, try to communicate better and make more of a move or talk about how you feel. But obviously pick a time when whoever you're talking to is in a good mood.
hopefully. I also sent him a video message with my bro so hopefully he will respond. and yh lesson learnt
Blue123456
Rep:
?
he responded x
tuxedo-
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
he responded x
Good luck
Blue123456
Rep:
?
Good luck
ty. it went well .. but it made me realise he has alot of debt and doesn't live within his means despite being at uni he was asking about 400K ....
not bf or husband material yet.
told him to stay single until his matters and resolved , I'm doing the same. saying this as a good friend
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
ty. it went well .. but it made me realise he has alot of debt and doesn't live within his means despite being at uni he was asking about 400K ....
not bf or husband material yet.
told him to stay single until his matters and resolved , I'm doing the same. saying this as a good friend
He was asking to borrow 400k or was 400k in dept?
Blue123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
He was asking to borrow 400k or was 400k in dept?
I think it was both but I dont care
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I think it was both but I dont care
Kinda harsh to just Next someone like that due to their debts, but tbh 400k is a lot of debt .. I sure as heck wouldn't marry anyone with more than a couple of grand worth of debts [unless is was for something like a student loan]. They'd have to accept the fact that it will not move past dating unless they clear those debts.....
Blue123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
Kinda harsh to just Next someone like that due to their debts, but tbh 400k is a lot of debt .. I sure as heck wouldn't marry anyone with more than a couple of grand worth of debts [unless is was for something like a student loan]. They'd have to accept the fact that it will not move past dating unless they clear those debts.....
exactly using my brains more than my heart gotta be realistic about these stuff and practical. I don't want financial issues and stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (158)
19.24%
Labour (418)
50.91%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.52%
Green Party (45)
5.48%
Brexit Party (12)
1.46%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.49%
SNP (14)
1.71%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.49%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)