Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katkit)
    *blinks* Am I deep? Honest, yes, but deep?

*grins* Hope that's not a bad thing.
    You are. Nope, it's not a bad thing at all

ReputationRep:
    lmao we'll say no more about it...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Rose)
    You are. Nope, it's not a bad thing at all
    exactly:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspect)
    Don't get me wrong... there's no confusion here... the confused ones are just fun to........ help.

:ninja:
    LOL!

ReputationRep:
    Crikey! You ladies have dominated the last 3 odd pages of this thread! :eek: Me and Aspect are the only ones putting the 'G' in LGBT atm! (Unless I misread someone's profile :o:)

(Original post by Aspect)
    Where are all the sexually confused boys?

Don't get me wrong... there's no confusion here... the confused ones are just fun to........ help.
    I would agree but I'm happy enough just to see the non-confused boys in here, although I agree it's fun to help out the confused ones... depends on your definition of help though, mine's a thoughtful, non-physical and communication based one. And no I'm not confused sadly for you :p: I'm very settled and sure on the issue.

I'm actually currently giving a hand to someone living near Canterbury who's recently discovered he's gay. We met online so I'm planning to go down and see him cos I think he could really do with a gay friend physically being in his life rather than just online. Lots of stress for him so I'm really looking forward to meeting him, he got a bit too upset about it lately and has re-decided he's straight, (even after coming out to his parents and friends! ), so if you want confused Aspect, then he really is just that I'm hoping it all works out for him.

In other news we really should get together for the Stardust event (just got the Kent parties leaflet thinger this morning) cos it'll be great fun and we'll all provide such life and soul to the party I'm sure.

Anyways now I shall sate my need for chocolate and let's hope the gay males going to Kent saunter into this thread! :yep:

Btw notice the timestamp on this post Insane insomniac you're thinking! Nah I just live strange hours :yep: - It'll probably normalise when I get to Kent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faustus Fotherby)
    I'm actually currently giving a hand to someone living near Canterbury
    Wa-hey

Sorry :p:

I was only having a bit of a joke on my other post, but yeah it would be nice to see some more Kent gay guys around the board, hopefully there not too rare at the actual uni!

I can't wait for stardust!

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: you dirty sods :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_maK)
    :rofl: you dirty sods :p:
    Dirty? Pardon me madam, for we are shining examples of fine, upstanding gay males - worthy icons for all to follow our trail, not a dirty thought doth cross our minds :p:

ReputationRep:
    Dirty? Pardon me madam, for we are shining examples of fine, upstanding gay males - worthy icons for all to follow our trail, not a dirty thought doth cross our minds :p:
    Of course! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Crikey! You ladies have dominated the last 3 odd pages of this thread! :eek: Me and Aspect are the only ones putting the 'G' in LGBT atm! (Unless I misread someone's profile :o:)

I would agree but I'm happy enough just to see the non-confused boys in here, although I agree it's fun to help out the confused ones... depends on your definition of help though, mine's a thoughtful, non-physical and communication based one. And no I'm not confused sadly for you :p: I'm very settled and sure on the issue.

I'm actually currently giving a hand to someone living near Canterbury who's recently discovered he's gay. We met online so I'm planning to go down and see him cos I think he could really do with a gay friend physically being in his life rather than just online. Lots of stress for him so I'm really looking forward to meeting him, he got a bit too upset about it lately and has re-decided he's straight, (even after coming out to his parents and friends! ), so if you want confused Aspect, then he really is just that I'm hoping it all works out for him.
    :eek: I need a friend like you (I don't have any supportive gay friends Hoping to gain some at uni e.g. Katkit and Start a Riot)
    Are you intimidated by the female domination?

Lol, I think starting at Kent will reinforce your sleeping hours, no-one at uni ever really sleeps (except some girls that are way to sensible and follow rules that aren't there :rolleyes: )
    I mean I have a friend that went to bed early and I was the one with 9ams everyday, she had 10 or 11 starts!

Maybe it's because in the first year I made friends with boys as the majority, I've no idea why, I find it easier to talk to boys I guess. Girls make me self-conscious and I worry what they think about me and if I fancy them a whole loads of other feelings play a part too. Boys seem to just...take you as you are, I always think a girl has an agenda lol (Can't believe I just said that, totally putting across a negative image of girls but I luv 'em really, one in particular )

And I think with boys, there is always this sense of adventure, the girls I seem to make friends with are always boring and sensible. Like on the first night I wanted to go to on a trip to Parkwood (lol) and we were going and we got to a road which was still on campus and the girls said it was too dark and that we should go back. I mean how boring. No sense of adventure. It wasn't a main road, I'm not that stupid but I mean there were 7 of us, could we really get lost? Canterbury can be a very dark place (some areas) but for goodness sake, how old are we 5? Yeah by myself I'd be scared as anything but there were 7 of us, 4 being boys.:rolleyes: There was nothing dangerous about it, as long as we're still on campus it's fine (and not walking through the woodlands at the back because woodlands is scary and dangerous in the dark no matter where it is).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Start A RIOT!)
    :cool: dya think depth is a bad thing or something? depth and honesty are two different things lol
    No, I don't think depth is a bad thing - I tend to get edgy if people don't have some kind of depth... *grins* But some people don't like intensity and depth. That's all.

As for depth and honesty being different things, I know they are it's just I saw what I said as simple honesty - intense honesty, apparently, but I didn't really see it as deep. But I'm not complaining if you saw it that way; as I said above, depth is a good thing in my eyes.

Though can get overwhelming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katkit)
    No, I don't think depth is a bad thing - I tend to get edgy if people don't have some kind of depth... *grins* But some people don't like intensity and depth. That's all.

As for depth and honesty being different things, I know they are it's just I saw what I said as simple honesty - intense honesty, apparently, but I didn't really see it as deep. But I'm not complaining if you saw it that way; as I said above, depth is a good thing in my eyes.

Though can get overwhelming
    :rolleyes: i totally agree with u, depth is good but in small doses lol and honesty is admirable:p: sometimes hard to find these days!

ReputationRep:
    Lol-agement - last post was forever ago, just as a reminder though Stardust is on tomorrow. It's a drag night special but that's not to my taste so I shall be remaining in my usual attire. Hope to see y'all there. ;p;

ReputationRep:
    I continue to solo-maintain this thread.

The LGBT soc. is this week hosting a pub quiz in Mungoes starting at 7pm - there is also however the US election night thing going on in Woody's - though I hear it'll be packed so this might be a better alternative

ReputationRep:
    I want to somehow get involved in the soc but no idea how. Scared and Im 100% not going to Stardust, not my thing, the whole gay scene or clubbing. I might still be saying this at the end of the year lol.

ReputationRep:
    I want to somehow get involved in the soc but no idea how. Scared and Im 100% not going to Stardust, not my thing, the whole gay scene or clubbing. I might still be saying this at the end of the year lol.
    I've totally PM'd you

ReputationRep:
    Late reply I know.

I wanted to point out a sizeable chunk of the people that go to Stardust are actually straight! I know shocking! So don't be intimidated by the idea it'll be just gay people - bring friends, that's what I did first time. It's solid good fun and the Venue never gets too packed on that night.

Getting involved with the society - look up 'Kent LGBT' on Facebook groups, just e-mail any of the officers in that group because it's all the committee - Say you want to come to meetings and they'll add you to the committee mailing list.

Hope I've helped if Aspect hasn't already!

ReputationRep:
    Late reply I know.

I wanted to point out a sizeable chunk of the people that go to Stardust are actually straight! I know shocking! So don't be intimidated by the idea it'll be just gay people - bring friends, that's what I did first time. It's solid good fun and the Venue never gets too packed on that night.

Getting involved with the society - look up 'Kent LGBT' on Facebook groups, just e-mail any of the officers in that group because it's all the committee - Say you want to come to meetings and they'll add you to the committee mailing list.

Hope I've helped if Aspect hasn't already!
    I'm not a clubbing person, never been, never will.

I might come to a meeting one day. Actually I doubt it, I have no confidence to. I have no friend to bring, they are all straight and I don't have the courage to ask them or think I should bother.

ReputationRep:
    Does the LGBT soc have regular meetings every week? If so I wanna go. (And if I'm going one of you lot are coming with me, as in walking me there because I'm not talking in there alone).

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a clubbing person, never been, never will.

I might come to a meeting one day. Actually I doubt it, I have no confidence to. I have no friend to bring, they are all straight and I don't have the courage to ask them or think I should bother.
    Same for me. Once I mentioned there is a society LGBT to my friends, they were like, "really? unbelievable!" Well, most of them are quite religious (muslim / christian). I have no friends to bring. Plus I am not a clubbing person. But I do wish they do some social that doesn't involve clubbing. I would love to meet some people like me (bi).

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.