Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Just thought i'd introduce myself, my names Vix, i'm 20 and the president of the LGBT society here at kent.
    We have laser quest planned for next week, it'll be on Tuesday evening around 7ish. If you could let me know if any of you do want to come so we can book places. Always a fun evening of running around and warpaint!!
    And we normally go for a quiet drink somewhere afterwards.
    In regards to events, if you have any idea of anything you want to see happen, let me know and i'll sort it out.
    Vix x

ReputationRep:
    Stardust is back this Tuesday and is set to be the biggest & best one of the year!

Click here for the Facebook event!

ReputationRep:
    I am coming to UKC as a visiting student next Autumn. Haven't been that active in my home University's LGBT group but thought it would be nice to come to some of your meetings. My girlfriend will be staying in Finland during my year at Canterbury, so it would be nice to hang-around with some "like-minded" people ) I am so excited, can't wait for September to come..

ReputationRep:
    I kinda regret not joining the kent one this year, will do next year probs! I take it 2nd years can still join groups yeah? its not all about freshers lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Start A RIOT!)
    I kinda regret not joining the kent one this year, will do next year probs! I take it 2nd years can still join groups yeah? its not all about freshers lol!
    Of course! I joined a society beginning of the second term! (Classics & Archaeology) but that has something to do with the fact they only received approval to start up in the second term. Next years LGBT soc. will need new members too as most of them are leaving being mostly third years and all that.

ReputationRep:
    Good good I shall carry the torch then lol! I thought they'd been going for years? they only received approval now? Yeah im defo gonna join as I've not met that many lgbt ppl here so yeah need to mix lol

ReputationRep:
    Good good I shall carry the torch then lol! I thought they'd been going for years? they only received approval now? Yeah im defo gonna join as I've not met that many lgbt ppl here so yeah need to mix lol
    Are we talking about the Classics and Archaeology society or the LGBT one?

Classics and Archaeology have been going for years but at the same time they haven't, basically there have been something like 3 previous incarnations of the Classics and Archaeology but each one has died due to either disagreement on what to do between members or all the enthusiastic people leaving and no-one stepping in to fill the gap. The current incarnation is the most recent having only receieved approval to start up again as a society this January. It's led by some incredibly spirited and lovely people, who absolutely love the subject and their goal is to get the society to the point where, when they leave at the end of next year, it has a solid base to carry on from.

And yeh the LGBT soc. have been around for ages, no problems there, always eager people ready to carry on the society - you should've come to Stardust yesterday, looked a bit emptier than usual but was just as good as ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hypermicrospace)
    Classics and archaeology society = awesome :p:
    You said it, they're amazing!

Are you coming along to the shenanigans on Friday, I've not had any details of it yet but I'll pass them around when I do. I'm hoping motivation for it isn't lost or anything cos I never go out in Canterbury so this'd be really great to do! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faustus Fotherby)
    Are we talking about the Classics and Archaeology society or the LGBT one?

Classics and Archaeology have been going for years but at the same time they haven't, basically there have been something like 3 previous incarnations of the Classics and Archaeology but each one has died due to either disagreement on what to do between members or all the enthusiastic people leaving and no-one stepping in to fill the gap. The current incarnation is the most recent having only receieved approval to start up again as a society this January. It's led by some incredibly spirited and lovely people, who absolutely love the subject and their goal is to get the society to the point where, when they leave at the end of next year, it has a solid base to carry on from.

And yeh the LGBT soc. have been around for ages, no problems there, always eager people ready to carry on the society - you should've come to Stardust yesterday, looked a bit emptier than usual but was just as good as ever.
    Lol oh right sorry yeah I thought you meant the LGBT society! was thinking that didnt make any sense lol, this makes more sense lol. Yeah wouldve gone but deadlines.... I went to one a few months ago i think it was the winter wonderland one which was anything but that lol, bit of a let down plus everyone was straight! and mean dont get me wrong its great they embrace it and have fun but it makes it bloody confusing lol, still I dont look it myself so its not surprising really:o:

ReputationRep:
    Lol oh right sorry yeah I thought you meant the LGBT society! was thinking that didnt make any sense lol, this makes more sense lol. Yeah wouldve gone but deadlines.... I went to one a few months ago i think it was the winter wonderland one which was anything but that lol, bit of a let down plus everyone was straight! and mean dont get me wrong its great they embrace it and have fun but it makes it bloody confusing lol, still I dont look it myself so its not surprising really
    I wonder if I know you. As in..know who you are...I must have seen u on campus at some point :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faustus Fotherby)
    You said it, they're amazing!

Are you coming along to the shenanigans on Friday, I've not had any details of it yet but I'll pass them around when I do. I'm hoping motivation for it isn't lost or anything cos I never go out in Canterbury so this'd be really great to do!
    What's happening on Friday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hypermicrospace)
    I can't go to the Friday shenanigans, my bf's coming down so I'll need to be around so he can drop his stuff off at my place. Just bad timing. I'll be going to the scavenger hunt thing though \o/
    Ah fair doos, I won't be making it to the scavenger hunt I doubt, it's my birthday on the same day and I have two essays for the day after... it'll be grim.

Lol oh right sorry yeah I thought you meant the LGBT society! was thinking that didnt make any sense lol, this makes more sense lol. Yeah wouldve gone but deadlines.... I went to one a few months ago i think it was the winter wonderland one which was anything but that lol, bit of a let down plus everyone was straight! and mean dont get me wrong its great they embrace it and have fun but it makes it bloody confusing lol, still I dont look it myself so its not surprising really:o:
    You're SO right there, almost all the people I go with are straight and we're a large group - they do all love it though! :p:

(Original post by Blue Rose)
    What's happening on Friday?
    The Classics and Archaeology society are having a social in town basically, it's not officially being hosted by the society it was just more a fun idea so anyone can come if you'd like me to put details up... although details have not thus far been forthcoming about it so I'm going to send the girl arranging it a prompt.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Kent, visiting, and it seems dire for LGBT stuff. It's sort of disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    Any freshers coming to Kent this year and thinking of joining the LGBT society?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taru)
    Any freshers coming to Kent this year and thinking of joining the LGBT society?
    sorry to change subject, but are you a seminar leader?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the wolf at the door)
    sorry to change subject, but are you a seminar leader?
    Erm, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taru)
    Erm, no?
    erm, is that a yes?

I only ask because i noticed you were a postgrad, and was wondering why postgrads choose to become seminar leaders (if they have a choice). Do you get paid (much)?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.