Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello all, currently I am in my first year of uni. I have finished my assignments early and submitted it early. But recently, many people are asking me to send my assignments or take photos of my assignments. My question is should I do it? Is not why?
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello all, currently I am in my first year of uni. I have finished my assignments early and submitted it early. But recently, many people are asking me to send my assignments or take photos of my assignments. My question is should I do it? Is not why?
A definite categorical NO to that. If anyone "borrows" any part of your work turnitin will flag it up and then both you and they can end up in front of a disciplinary committee on a charge of plagiarism. By all means discuss interesting ideas and sources with people on your course, but handing over text that's going to be immediately out of your control and probably re-shared is a fantastically bad idea.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As Mr Wednesday said, keep your assignments private. You don't have to tell your peers that you've finished before them.
Igotbbcalevel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if you can trust them with your life and they know what plagiarism i see nothing wrong
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Definitely don't share any of the content, for the reasons given by Mr Wed and Phoenix.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reality Check)
Definitely don't share any of the content, for the reasons given by Mr Wed and Phoenix.
really. Also what can I say to them, if I don’t want to send my assignments
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Tell em to **** off
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Igotbbcalevel)
if you can trust them with your life and they know what plagiarism i see nothing wrong
Sadly I have trust issues
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just say "Sorry, I don't give my work out" - if they start nagging you, ask them why they're being so insistent.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You don't need to say anything! Just ignore the request.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reality Check)
You don't need to say anything! Just ignore the request.
Okay, thanks
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there,

You've already had good advice I can only agree with and add to. You should definitely keep your assignments private for reasons of plagiarism and collusion. If anyone asks why, just use what PhoenixFortune wrote, "sorry I don't give my work out".

Fi :horse:
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Assorted horror stories from students who gave an assignment to a friend "just for a quick look" in the thread linked below.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3202931
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (274)
48.32%
No (65)
11.46%
I'm not old enough (228)
40.21%

Watched Threads