Is my dream unrealistic? Chlorines GYG Watch

chlorinek
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hiya,

My names Chlorine (not my actual name lol) and I am currently in Year 12 in the north of England. I thought I would start this GYG as I am struggling a little bit in terms of motivation and workload right now and I think it might be a good idea to start something that might keep me on track.

The A-levels I am taking are maths, physics, and chemistry; with my A-levels I hope to study physics and astrophysics at university!

At GCSE level I did well, averaging at about an A, but sixth form is like a completly different world, I feel like a Year 9 starting my GCSEs all over again! Honestly over the past few weeks I have been wondering if sixth form is even meant for me, and questioning whether I should have just gone to college. I know that I can't achieve what I want in life by going to college but it really doesn't stop me from wanting to turn back time and apply. Now I know everyone else is probably feeling like this, and it is just about adapting to sixth form, but I figure this might help me track my progress and make sure I get back on track.

Right now my grades are:
Maths - C
Physics - A
Chemistry - B

My goal is to increase my maths grade a little bit before we break up for Christmas and to try get back up to date with my notes so my teachers stop beefing at me lmao.

I hope everyone has a great week, take it easy.

Chlorine
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by chlorinek)
Hiya,

My names Chlorine (not my actual name lol) and I am currently in Year 12 in the north of England. I thought I would start this GYG as I am struggling a little bit in terms of motivation and workload right now and I think it might be a good idea to start something that might keep me on track.

The A-levels I am taking are maths, physics, and chemistry; with my A-levels I hope to study physics and astrophysics at university!

At GCSE level I did well, averaging at about an A, but sixth form is like a completly different world, I feel like a Year 9 starting my GCSEs all over again! Honestly over the past few weeks I have been wondering if sixth form is even meant for me, and questioning whether I should have just gone to college. I know that I can't achieve what I want in life by going to college but it really doesn't stop me from wanting to turn back time and apply. Now I know everyone else is probably feeling like this, and it is just about adapting to sixth form, but I figure this might help me track my progress and make sure I get back on track.

Right now my grades are:
Maths - C
Physics - A
Chemistry - B

My goal is to increase my maths grade a little bit before we break up for Christmas and to try get back up to date with my notes so my teachers stop beefing at me lmao.

I hope everyone has a great week, take it easy.

Chlorine
hellooooooo
im in year 12 too haha I do bio chem and psychology so far my grades are
psych A
bio. B
chem B

my friend does the exact same subjects as you but she wants to do maths at university.

you are amazing and you can do whatever you put your mind to

good luck with your a levels :cool:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (153)
19.2%
Labour (406)
50.94%
Liberal Democrats (109)
13.68%
Green Party (42)
5.27%
Brexit Party (10)
1.25%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.5%
SNP (14)
1.76%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.75%
SDLP (1)
0.13%
Ulster Unionist (4)