Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've noticed recently that my friends do a lot of stuff without me and I'm feeling kinda bummed out about it. My best mate will go out and do things and post about it on social media. This wouldn't be so bad, but we live together as she's also my flatmate. Idk it's not like I expect her to invite me to everything she does, it's just I feel excluded sometimes and I don't want to bring it up in case she feels forced to invite me to stuff. It just makes me frustrated bc if it was the other way round, she'd have a strop and complain about not being invited and probably guilt me out. She can be very immature sometimes and it can be difficult to reason with her. It's just getting to the point where I feel like she's sneaking out the flat and purposely not telling me things in order for me to not find out otherwise she'd have to invite me. It's gotten so bad that I noticed that I actually never spend time with our friends without her there. And what I mean by that is, she will spend time with our friends without me there and she gets to bond with them, but I feel like I've never been able to bond/get closer with our other friends bc she's always there. I hope I'm making sense. Has anyone else been through this and/or have any advice please? It just feels like everyone is so close to each other and I'm the outsider looking in.
student342
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think u should tell her how u feel. Eventho u dont want to but it may help her see what she is doing. Try not to get into an argument about it. Just say how u feel..
It has happened to me before and the other friend realised when i told her and apologised to me about it but this was years and years ago.

Talking is the best policy.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by student342)
I think u should tell her how u feel. Eventho u dont want to but it may help her see what she is doing. Try not to get into an argument about it. Just say how u feel..
It has happened to me before and the other friend realised when i told her and apologised to me about it but this was years and years ago.

Talking is the best policy.
I tried doing that the other day. I tried to explain to her that it feels like she's closer with everyone else and that I don't get time to form connections with people and she said she understood. She went out today without me again and I think she noticed I was sad and said she would be back soon (she went to the library to study with one of our friends). She told me to join two of our other friends in the library as they're studying the same topic as me, which just bummed me out even more bc if those two friends wanted me there they would've invited me. Feel like trash atm tbh and that people will only hang out with me in groups. Am I that insufferable to be around?
student342
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I tried doing that the other day. I tried to explain to her that it feels like she's closer with everyone else and that I don't get time to form connections with people and she said she understood. She went out today without me again and I think she noticed I was sad and said she would be back soon (she went to the library to study with one of our friends). She told me to join two of our other friends in the library as they're studying the same topic as me, which just bummed me out even more bc if those two friends wanted me there they would've invited me. Feel like trash atm tbh and that people will only hang out with me in groups. Am I that insufferable to be around?
I dont think you are insufferable.
See it as the other people loss. Try making plans with your best friend only. It seems to me the other two may be trying to distance you two in some way uninetntionally or intentionally.
If even if it carries on then I believe that they arent worth being friends with and try and make your own other friends.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by student342)
I dont think you are insufferable.
See it as the other people loss. Try making plans with your best friend only. It seems to me the other two may be trying to distance you two in some way uninetntionally or intentionally.
If even if it carries on then I believe that they arent worth being friends with and try and make your own other friends.
Thank you that made me feel better . Update: turns out she's in the library with legit the whole friendship group apart from me. She was originally just with one of our friends but now they all met up and they're not even studying anymore. She's putting pics up and also sending me them. Like? What am I supposed to even say to that? God this feels pathetic
student342
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you that made me feel better . Update: turns out she's in the library with legit the whole friendship group apart from me. She was originally just with one of our friends but now they all met up and they're not even studying anymore. She's putting pics up and also sending me them. Like? What am I supposed to even say to that? God this feels pathetic
It seems to me that she is trying to give you subtle hints?
To be honest, i wouldnt dwell and just let it be and move on. It happens sometimes.
And one day all of this will seem petty. I wouldnt give it much thought.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (255)
48.48%
No (58)
11.03%
I'm not old enough (213)
40.49%

Watched Threads