Where do I find someone to help me move sofas Watch

Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I want to move my sofas out from my house for collection by the council but need someone to help me. Where can I find someone to do this for me? The council does not provide this kind of help
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'd generally put an oddjob ad on gumtree/facebook, but to move a sofa i'd probably just ask a friend to help. Depends how big/high they are.
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
I'd generally put an oddjob ad on gumtree/facebook, but to move a sofa i'd probably just ask a friend to help. Depends how big/high they are.
Is it safe to put on gum tree ? How much do you think I should offer to pay? probably need 2 strong people as they are big and heavy.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Kutie Karen)
Is it safe to put on gum tree ? How much do you think I should offer to pay? probably need 2 strong people as they are big and heavy.
For safety....probably? impossible to say for sure really, i've never had safety issues.

Payment depends, more on where the sofas are than how heavy they are (narrow stairs/doorways/lifts ect) I'd maybe expect to pay 2 random guys a tenner each on the assumption it wouldn't be more than 30 mins, maybe 25/30 if you were calling out a dedicated man & van ad (plus another body)

Is there none you know that could just give you a hand for free/beer money?

EDIT - if the suite is still in half decent condition, you could possibly just give it away free on the condition the buyer removes it.
Last edited by StriderHort; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (54)
31.4%
No I don't (84)
48.84%
I work during the holidays (34)
19.77%

Watched Threads