Turn on thread page Beta

does this sound threatening/worrying or am I over reacting? watch

Hi X,

I know that you and X have broken up but are still having sex. You're both adults and can make your own decisions but watch how you're treating her. I don't want anyone to get hurt and there are always consequences to your actions.
    Don't tell her about this email. As far as she's aware I'm no longer a part of her life and I'd like to keep it that way.
    This isn't intended to come across as threatening I'm just reminding you to be careful with her.
    Thank you for looking after her for the last two years. She's a different girl to the one I knew due to your guidance and support and I will be forever grateful to you for rectifying some of the damage I have done. Just don't do anything to **** that up.

X

Bear in mind this is coming from the guy who used to abuse me, who I thought was totally gone from my life, he cut contact with me over a year ago when he moved to the US and I can't think of anyone he could have got that information from.

It's shaken me up a little to read it and I just need some reassurance I think. My ex said it sounds like he's just keeping an eye on me but i find even that a bit creepy. I don't know even how he'd be keeping an eye on me.

I think I just need some people to tell me to stop over reacting.

anon because my exs don't use the site but occasionally read through my posts/threads and i wouldn't want him to know how much this is concerning me.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't really sound threatening to me at all. If he's still in the US, who cares anyway? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not threatening at all to me. A bit peculiar, mind. And he's just watching out for you, he obviously regrets the past etc.

ReputationRep:
    Not threatening exactly, but pretty weird nonetheless

thanks guys. I think I was just worried at the fact he even knew what was going on with me and my ex. none of our friends even knew. made me panic that he wasn't over there anymore.
    having seen some of the things he was capable of means i'm fairly suspicious of anything he says/does as well. just needed someone to put things in perspective.

oh yeah...the email was to my boyfriend. i forgot to mention that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thanks guys. I think I was just worried at the fact he even knew what was going on with me and my ex. none of our friends even knew. made me panic that he wasn't over there anymore.
    having seen some of the things he was capable of means i'm fairly suspicious of anything he says/does as well. just needed someone to put things in perspective.

oh yeah...the email was to my boyfriend. i forgot to mention that.
    Yeah, did wonder who it was to, got a bit muddled. Any chance he found out from family or any social networking sites etc? Have a real good think about the links

ReputationRep:
    ah i was kinda confused that the email was to you!

i dont think its threatening, i mean he said he was trying not to be. maybe he regrets what he has done in the past to you, and just wants you to be happy. i wouldnt worry too much.

(Original post by suek)
    Yeah, did wonder who it was to, got a bit muddled. Any chance he found out from family or any social networking sites etc? Have a real good think about the links
    nobody knew, even now only 3-4 people know and none of them know about him, i didn't even become friendly with them until he'd left. it's not been mentioned anywhere online. all his family are there, it's partly why he went.

I keep switching between thinking i'm freaked out for nothing, and then thinking it'll be one of those times where you don't do anything cuz you think you're over reating and then BAM! you're dead. :p: (but without the death)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.