Taking anti social to another level Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Rewriting a page again bc i pressed back and it all went

Any1 else feel like they dont belong. My friends always invite me to link or hang out in free periods but i end up declining or just ditching them to go gym or just sit at home procrastinating. Or just chilling in the library.

Dont think anything makes me happy anymore tbh. Apart from finding good songs and benching 250 i dont enjoy anything else or so i think

Lowkey all i need is headphones 100% battery phone and im done for days. Theyre cool but i dissociate a lot. Sooner or later imma dissicipate from thr group and lowkey be alone so idk what to do.

I talk to people on snap a lot but in real im only comfortable with 1 or 2 people. Any1 else apart from my crushes are automatically annoying unless ur in my class.

Idk what is it. Does any1 else do this or am i the only weirdo.

And is this the right thing to do considering we have a levels to do in a couple months and my friends out here skipping lesson and partying ect.

Inb4 the 'ur so edgy' 'defo not like other girls/guys'comments
Anonymous #1
My best friend said its depression but i doubt she knows what it is. But am i depressed?

Also does any1 else have thud
daytoday1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My best friend said its depression but i doubt she knows what it is. But am i depressed?

Also does any1 else have thud
I wouldn't say it's depression, I'm getting like that too nowadays. For me I got problems at home and I'm stressing with my exams and the last thing I need rn is to talk about stuff like hair extensions or shopping. I distance myself for a bit to gather myself to make sure I'm alright. First thing I would do if I were you, force yourself to attend one gathering with your friends because you'd find yourself enjoying it more than you would think. If this is still not the case then you just don't vibe with them and so try talking to new people (trustttt me this helps).

Hmmm... if nothing makes you happy then try doing new things like reading a book or going to the park to do your work ( a change in scenery goes a long way). Gym is good as it takes your mind off stuff but don't spend all your time there ygm.

Even though you think your phone and headphones make you happy, they're just a distraction. Try to not be on your phone at all for a few days and just try living like the olden times where there were no easy way outs. Trust me, I know how easy is it to just close ur eyes and let the music wash the time away but it's not worth it trust me. It does more damage silently.

Try talking or hanging out with your crushes bc its amazing you even have them! That means you haven't lost all hope I literally did not proof read this and I'm just typing as I think. I hope your day gets a bit better by reading this.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by daytoday1)
I wouldn't say it's depression, I'm getting like that too nowadays. For me I got problems at home and I'm stressing with my exams and the last thing I need rn is to talk about stuff like hair extensions or shopping. I distance myself for a bit to gather myself to make sure I'm alright. First thing I would do if I were you, force yourself to attend one gathering with your friends because you'd find yourself enjoying it more than you would think. If this is still not the case then you just don't vibe with them and so try talking to new people (trustttt me this helps).

Hmmm... if nothing makes you happy then try doing new things like reading a book or going to the park to do your work ( a change in scenery goes a long way). Gym is good as it takes your mind off stuff but don't spend all your time there ygm.

Even though you think your phone and headphones make you happy, they're just a distraction. Try to not be on your phone at all for a few days and just try living like the olden times where there were no easy way outs. Trust me, I know how easy is it to just close ur eyes and let the music wash the time away but it's not worth it trust me. It does more damage silently.

Try talking or hanging out with your crushes bc its amazing you even have them! That means you haven't lost all hope I literally did not proof read this and I'm just typing as I think. I hope your day gets a bit better by reading this.
This cheered me up. There are some guys in my class who are cool and wouldnt mind hanging with but i need to find them before lesson. As for the crush. Im working on it hopefully before this holidays i get her snap.

I ususally listen to the rock or arnold speeches to motivate me ect. And songs woth beats to hype me up if im in an 'cba' mood.

My friends r cool but they dont know the boundaries and i need new friends as ive know these for like since primary.

The gyms the only place i can feel comfortable and reecognize my progress. Used to have a toxic gym partner but i told him to piss off so i just plug it and bam.
Anonymous #1
daytoday1 to add. The reason i csnt make friends is because im a real guy. I dont hold back like for instance some friends asked me to rate them so i did and thats how im on bad terms with half our group because i rated them below 5/10. Also my mates act fake around girls like act nice or hard and its annoying. Since y12 theyve been doing that and now its y13 bouta do real exams and they still goofy
daytoday1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This cheered me up. There are some guys in my class who are cool and wouldnt mind hanging with but i need to find them before lesson. As for the crush. Im working on it hopefully before this holidays i get her snap.

I ususally listen to the rock or arnold speeches to motivate me ect. And songs woth beats to hype me up if im in an 'cba' mood.

My friends r cool but they dont know the boundaries and i need new friends as ive know these for like since primary.

The gyms the only place i can feel comfortable and reecognize my progress. Used to have a toxic gym partner but i told him to piss off so i just plug it and bam.
Something I've realised lately is that being friends with someone and like seeing them every. single. day. Can get somewhat tiring for you and this just disrupts your mood and you mistake it for depression. Change your environment, believe in yourself above all and yeah find your soon to be friends before the lesson or even after! Submit reply

If gym makes you feel buff and confident then go for it fam. Also like just be happy with yourself because you'll attract what you are ygm? I'm saying this for both our sakes .

Hmm.. if you feel disheartened to do something just count up to 3 and literally DO IT. Something that helps me a lotttt

If you need anything else just let me know <3
Anonymous #1
Something I've realised lately is that being friends with someone and like seeing them every. single. day. Can get somewhat tiring for you and this just disrupts your mood and you mistake it for depression. Change your environment, believe in yourself above all and yeah find your soon to be friends before the lesson or even after! Submit reply

If gym makes you feel buff and confident then go for it fam. Also like just be happy with yourself because you'll attract what you are ygm? I'm saying this for both our sakes .

Hmm.. if you feel disheartened to do something just count up to 3 and literally DO IT. Something that helps me a lotttt

If you need anything else just let me know <3
Appreciate this a lot man. Wish u well in life n stuff.

Ye i just have this phrase in my notes 'what do i have to lose'. Im over hyping this. Never spoken to a girl im interested tbh. And if she says no then her loss i guess

Only go gym because i have no other hobbies. 2 laxy for basketball and gym is convenient and i get buff as well as enjoying it yk.
daytoday1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
daytoday1 to add. The reason i csnt make friends is because im a real guy. I dont hold back like for instance some friends asked me to rate them so i did and thats how im on bad terms with half our group because i rated them below 5/10. Also my mates act fake around girls like act nice or hard and its annoying. Since y12 theyve been doing that and now its y13 bouta do real exams and they still goofy
I mean.... I don't hold back too and I guess we gotta chill depending on whoever can take our jokes. If your friends asked you to rate them and can't take the answer then lmao what did you expect. I feel like I'm supposed to be like 'ohh just be nicer' but bro they're asking for it . Guys who act fake around girls are worse than trash bc trash is too good for them.

All the guys at my school are still goofy I think its just universal (soz but not soz). Lemme give you a hint, girls go after men not boys so...ur good
daytoday1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Appreciate this a lot man. Wish u well in life n stuff.

Ye i just have this phrase in my notes 'what do i have to lose'. Im over hyping this. Never spoken to a girl im interested tbh. And if she says no then her loss i guess

Only go gym because i have no other hobbies. 2 laxy for basketball and gym is convenient and i get buff as well as enjoying it yk.
man said I get buff (5x laughing emojis bc i cant acc find them whoops) but yeah thats true

aww thanks I wish you good fortune and bro if you have another bad day, you'll hurt me

INNIT WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE bruh at the end of your day its YOUR life and tbh ur real friends are gnna love the real you so just be you and that's it!!!

At least you have the courage to actually tell her U like her, some guys are a bunch of ******* (bc im nice im censored) and yeah good luck!! im rooting for u
Anonymous #1
I mean.... I don't hold back too and I guess we gotta chill depending on whoever can take our jokes. If your friends asked you to rate them and can't take the answer then lmao what did you expect. I feel like I'm supposed to be like 'ohh just be nicer' but bro they're asking for it . Guys who act fake around girls are worse than trash bc trash is too good for them.

All the guys at my school are still goofy I think its just universal (soz but not soz). Lemme give you a hint, girls go after men not boys so...ur good
True i act less goofy and more serious around most people except a few.

Only have 2 goals atm. Gain like 5 more kg for january. And to do well in my a levels exams. Idk bout the girl but thats all im focusing on atm!
daytoday1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
smart plan get the grades11!1!!!11!!!
Anonymous #1
man said I get buff (5x laughing emojis bc i cant acc find them whoops) but yeah thats true

aww thanks I wish you good fortune and bro if you have another bad day, you'll hurt me

INNIT WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE bruh at the end of your day its YOUR life and tbh ur real friends are gnna love the real you so just be you and that's it!!!

At least you have the courage to actually tell her U like her, some guys are a bunch of ******* (bc im nice im censored) and yeah good luck!! im rooting for u
Ur ****ing cool lol.

Yep. I dont even have to stretch it. Just be friends with her. Wont hurt to make new friends

Thanks for responding thought it was gonna be a dead thread aha. Daytoday to the rescue cmon

Na dw im in a good mood rn. Just thinking bout this holiday and other things yk
daytoday1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ur ****ing cool lol.

Yep. I dont even have to stretch it. Just be friends with her. Wont hurt to make new friends

Thanks for responding thought it was gonna be a dead thread aha. Daytoday to the rescue cmon

Na dw im in a good mood rn. Just thinking bout this holiday and other things yk
you sound like a roadman HAHAHAHAHAH and trust me I'm not as cool as you'd think

and yeah be friends whats the worst that could happen!

Aww no problem, something told me I just had to make an account on here today

This holiday is self care holiday <333333
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is a problem of perception and societal 'norms'.

If you're generally content and someone is asking if you're depressed, then you're not depressed. You'll probably know as you'll be miserable or have suicidal thoughts.

But 'normal' is being around people all the time and being extroverted. If you don't make small talk or act boisterously, you're labelled 'shy' and usually negatively. If you don't 'hang out', maybe you're 'depressed', when in actuality you just don't like clubs or don't drink. Or at least the chavvy clubs they go to and the expensive alcoholic stuff they chug down.

It's a bit of a hangover from ye olde times too, before we had the internet, home entertainment and an infinite amount to watch on TV. Before that, you either sat at home watching some pap on BBC 2 or had to go outside and make your own fun, and that usually involved other people, whether it be a kid going to the park (can't do that now because magically everyone's a terrorist or drug dealer now!) or an adult going to the nearest alcohol provider on a weekend night.

But now we can have a lot more fun at home and on our own. That doesn't mean we want to be forever alone, just we don't need to go out as much now. Also people suck and are out for themselves primarily naturally, there's that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
This is a problem of perception and societal 'norms'.

If you're generally content and someone is asking if you're depressed, then you're not depressed. You'll probably know as you'll be miserable or have suicidal thoughts.

But 'normal' is being around people all the time and being extroverted. If you don't make small talk or act boisterously, you're labelled 'shy' and usually negatively. If you don't 'hang out', maybe you're 'depressed', when in actuality you just don't like clubs or don't drink. Or at least the chavvy clubs they go to and the expensive alcoholic stuff they chug down.

It's a bit of a hangover from ye olde times too, before we had the internet, home entertainment and an infinite amount to watch on TV. Before that, you either sat at home watching some pap on BBC 2 or had to go outside and make your own fun, and that usually involved other people, whether it be a kid going to the park (can't do that now because magically everyone's a terrorist or drug dealer now!) or an adult going to the nearest alcohol provider on a weekend night.

But now we can have a lot more fun at home and on our own. That doesn't mean we want to be forever alone, just we don't need to go out as much now. Also people suck and are out for themselves primarily naturally, there's that.
EXACTLT. My mutuals whk hang out with us say 'why are u quiet' or 'is this the shy kid'. No man im loud but with people i like yk.

Just because im on my phone while u guys are talking about muffins doesnt mean im ****ing suicidal(jokingly).

Ik dont smoke or drink. My friends smoke but it would be ironic that im trying to be fit but smoke lmao. Besides im not tryn ruin my lungs bc its 'cool'. People who get peer pressured are b*tches
daytoday1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
people who get peer pressured are just very vulnerable. They cant survive in this world by standing by their opinions so its easier to just conform and get ppl to like them. I dont blame them. Not everyone can be strong like us but they are in their own way ygm
Anonymous #1
people who get peer pressured are just very vulnerable. They cant survive in this world by standing by their opinions so its easier to just conform and get ppl to like them. I dont blame them. Not everyone can be strong like us but they are in their own way ygm
True. I used to be a lil b*tch but since y11 i really dont give a ****. This 1 thing i tell most people is 'unless a hot girl i was into called me a 1/10 idc what anybody else says' lowkey facts
Ocault
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Rewriting a page again bc i pressed back and it all went

Any1 else feel like they dont belong. My friends always invite me to link or hang out in free periods but i end up declining or just ditching them to go gym or just sit at home procrastinating. Or just chilling in the library.

Dont think anything makes me happy anymore tbh. Apart from finding good songs and benching 250 i dont enjoy anything else or so i think

Lowkey all i need is headphones 100% battery phone and im done for days. Theyre cool but i dissociate a lot. Sooner or later imma dissicipate from thr group and lowkey be alone so idk what to do.

I talk to people on snap a lot but in real im only comfortable with 1 or 2 people. Any1 else apart from my crushes are automatically annoying unless ur in my class.

Idk what is it. Does any1 else do this or am i the only weirdo.

And is this the right thing to do considering we have a levels to do in a couple months and my friends out here skipping lesson and partying ect.

Inb4 the 'ur so edgy' 'defo not like other girls/guys'comments
you're identical to what i am, just lifting weights will make me feel great, most people that depend on others to be there are weak, since you like to be alone most the time, that's cause you dont care for that weakness. Keep grinding, you'll forget your friends in a few years anyways. just listen to Makaveli.
Last edited by Ocault; 1 week ago
daytoday1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ocault)
you're identical to what i am, just lifting weights will make me feel great, most people that depend on others to be there are weak, since you like to be alone most the time, that's cause you dont care for that weakness. Keep grinding, you'll forget your friends in a few years anyways.
what he means is uni will be so different and a fun experience for you
Anonymous #1
what he means is uni will be so different and a fun experience for you
Yep uni im defo putting myself out there. Thats the only thing keeping me sane atm ahah. Not necessarily want to forget my friends its just that they are in the wrong mindset atm. Call ms selfish but im tryn get into a decent uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (413)
43.84%
No (98)
10.4%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.75%

Watched Threads