Sheff. Hallam 2020/21 applicants chat and discussion Watch

HPScszerba
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I thought it would be a good idea to create a chat for people to talk about what course they are applying for and which accomodation they are applying to, this can help people make friends and form bonds before university starts.
emmabrier
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good idea. i have applied for history and got an unconditional offer through today! sound like im bragging but im not lol im just buzzing see yall in september
HPScszerba
Rep:
?
(Original post by emmabrier)
Good idea. i have applied for history and got an unconditional offer through today! sound like im bragging but im not lol im just buzzing see yall in september
I got an unconditional too! Sociology though, colligate campus and I've applied for accomodation. You should do that if you haven't already to get it out of the way.
emmabrier
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HPScszerba)
I got an unconditional too! Sociology though, colligate campus and I've applied for accomodation. You should do that if you haven't already to get it out of the way.
sickkkk well done! i havent yet im not completely certain im gonna go. chances are high but ill see
HPScszerba
Rep:
?
sickkkk well done! i havent yet im not completely certain im gonna go. chances are high but ill see
Oh? Well I'm sure that if you come to Hallam or go elsewhere you'll do just fine!
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HPScszerba)
I thought it would be a good idea to create a chat for people to talk about what course they are applying for and which accomodation they are applying to, this can help people make friends and form bonds before university starts.
Hello HPScszerba and emmabrier

We have created an accommodation discussion board and an applicant discussion board for those who are applying to Sheffield Hallam.
Come and join the conversation with other students and ask your questions about the accommodation close to the campus!

Thank you
Rachel
HPScszerba
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 hours ago
Thank you for linking the discussion boards, however they seem more like speak to an advisor boards like speaking to someone who in a higher position, it just creates that feeling. The idea is to create a group for people to chat free of the burden of social anxiety, so this is a "chill" environment, I'm not saying the discussion board isn't but I was hoping to just allow freedom of expression here. Thank you again!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Mar '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (409)
43.6%
No (98)
10.45%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.95%

Watched Threads