Natalie8174
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’m going to take the IB at Sevenoaks starting next September and I want to know if I can take 7 subjects. So far, if I were to only take 6, my choices are
English LAL HL
Psychology HL
Biology HL
Economics SL
Maths SL
Spanish B SL

However, I am really, really interested in the Sports Exercise and Health Science (Sports Ex Sci) course. I want to take it as an extra HL subject. My mother considers it “soft” and I love biology as well so I’m not planning on switching my science or any of my current selected subjects. If anyone has ever done 7 subjects at Sevenoaks or done the course(s) can you just let me know if it’s possible and what it was like? Thanks!
tnguyen5
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's very unlikely that a school like Sevenoaks will allow you to take seven subjects for the IB. This is mainly because it will shift your maximum score from the traditional 45 to 55, which potentially can confuse universities when you make applications. Another reason is that you have many other aspects of the IB to worry about that just your six subjects; the Core (EE and TOK) and CAS are very important and though they're only three IB points, failing them will mean failing the entire programme - you, therefore, need time for this.

I don't intend to offend your mother in any way, but it's better to consult the teachers at Sevenoaks to see how it's taught there. The syllabus, which can be found online, is also very useful since you can see how the subject's assessed. I hope I've helped and lmk if u need anything

By the way, I also applied to Sevenoaks and I'm so happy that you got in! I got waitlisted so we'll see if anyone drops out :/ - do you personally know anyone who also applied to the school? Do you wanna talk about how your application went?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (403)
67.96%
No (190)
32.04%

Watched Threads