The Student Room Group

A level choices

I want to do palaeontology at uni but most courses recommend two science subjects. English lit is definitely on the list and I really want to do an art and design subject like graphic communication but I'm not sure whether I would be able to do four subjects, an EPQ is something i am seriously considering thoughI like Biology as a subject and I Think that geology would be great but it is not offered as a subject at the college I will be going to.of course, I could change what university course I should go for to something like english literature.Any suggestions?
An EPQ does not have to be a dissertation - you could do something artistic for your EPQ! If you need two science subjects I'm sure you could pick anything from Biology/Chemistry/Physics/Maths + English Lit. However, I'd be cautious. Of course its important to make sure the subjects you desire fit your aspiration, but make sure it's three you'll enjoy!
for me, im probably doing 4 a levels + not an epq. u could do it all although that would be hard so i guess you have to decide what youd rather. if you arent sure what subjects you want to do in the future and need certain subjects for certain courses, go for 4 a levels. if 3 would suffice, 3 and an epq
For paleantology I can imagine biology is a must. Chemistry will most likely be very helpful. Geography as well I can see being very helpful (check the university course websites, for non-pure sciences like paleantology often geography is accepted as a science)
Original post by lraworth
I want to do palaeontology at uni but most courses recommend two science subjects. English lit is definitely on the list and I really want to do an art and design subject like graphic communication but I'm not sure whether I would be able to do four subjects, an EPQ is something i am seriously considering thoughI like Biology as a subject and I Think that geology would be great but it is not offered as a subject at the college I will be going to.of course, I could change what university course I should go for to something like english literature.Any suggestions?

I'm in my last year of college and got an conditional offer from Portsmouth for palaeontology and I'm doing biology, maths and applied ICT. However, I'm looking to do an undergraduate in zoology first so that there are a wider range of jobs available for me when I finish school. I think any science subject would be good although most prefer biology and then if you do a second science subject at A Level, most universities would lower your grade boundary for the specific course you want to do. like from BBB to BBC or something like that

Quick Reply

Latest