Turn on thread page Beta

I'm such a pansy when it comes to chatting a girl up!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Oh, another "omg, girls are aliens, don't know what to say to them" thread.

Stop thinking of "chatting girls up", as outside of a bar or club this just isn't going to work. Just be friendly, and treat them as normal people. You know how your parents always make friends with random people when on holiday, normally out of boredom and/or politeness? Watch and learn. The flirting and propositioning comes later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)

Stop thinking of "chatting girls up", as outside of a bar or club this just isn't going to work. Just be friendly, and treat them as normal people. You know how your parents always make friends with random people when on holiday, normally out of boredom and/or politeness? Watch and learn. The flirting and propositioning comes later.
    But for other people it isn't so easy. You really have to/have had to have been/be one of those people to understand it. You can't just say "omg xxxx is easy just do it".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    "I have the entire dictionary tattoed on my penis, why don't we go back to mine and put some words in your mouth."

Bang.
    hahahahahha!

Good advice..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m4n0ran)
    But for other people it isn't so easy. You really have to/have had to have been/be one of those people to understand it. You can't just say "omg xxxx is easy just do it".
    Sure, sure, I'm no Casanova either, but I just think that some people approach these situations with the wrong kind of mentality, usually a goal-oriented one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m4n0ran)
    Try:

"I have a magic watch and it can tell if you are wearing clothes or not ... I can see you are not wearing any knickers"

When she replies with "of course I am!" just say:

"Sorry, must be 5 minutes fast."
    what if she replied, "omg! How did you know? Is it obvious? Am I showing?"?
    it's possible. and much more likely on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    what if she replied, "omg! How did you know? Is it obvious? Am I showing?"?
    it's possible. and much more likely on holiday.
    Dunno, ask her for a shag or something.

ReputationRep:
    nope you aren't a pansy - i am worse, never had a girl in my life!

ReputationRep:

Look! It isn't easy at all. Whenever I get near or talk to a nice girl I go all red and nervous (even if she is asking for homework help). How can I stop this? I swear this is some genetic disease.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I want between our relationship is latex

or

I'm a great swimmer can I demonstrate the breast stroke

Bing, Bang, Bosh.

(Original post by Jerking My Gerking)

or

Bing, Bang, Bosh.
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Sure, sure, I'm no Casanova either, but I just think that some people approach these situations with the wrong kind of mentality, usually a goal-oriented one.
    Yes, I totally agree. Probably misunderstood your post, I agree that they should just be treated like normal human beings, you never know, you may just like them as a mate ^^.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jerking My Gerking)

or

Bing, Bang, Bosh.
    Damn, you are :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
    nope you aren't a pansy - i am worse, never had a girl in my life!
    Your time will come. I mean you're a prospective economist so when the money starts rolling in you won't even need to know how to chat a girl up.

Not everyone can be good at chatting girls up. Each person has to develop their own strategies that suits them. Some people just have that natural ability to chat them up. :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    This place is really weird :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
    Look! It isn't easy at all. Whenever I get near or talk to a nice girl I go all red and nervous (even if she is asking for homework help). How can I stop this? I swear this is some genetic disease.
    Well, I suppose you could say that you get all red and nervous because you think she's different to or even better than you, a kind of "girls don't poo" mentality. My general advice would be to try to change this perception in order to see girls as normal people who are probably just as wary of other people, especially those of the opposite sex, as you are.

ReputationRep:
    he's speaking sense..

I'd imagine the hardest part is breaking the ice, so act quickly before you have too much time to talk yourself out of it, throw yourself in there with ''hi can I sit here?'' or whatever and just chat and get to know them. If you've been eyeing her up then you should notice if shes approachable / friendly / chatty / talking alot - this will make it easier for you when you get talking if she can hold her own convo. theres a million and one things you dont about them so theres a milllion and one questions you could ask, just be yourself, crack a few jokes if your funny, and if you click you click. And if the **** hits the fan then you dont have to see her again.

ReputationRep:
    Should I talk to them as if I am talking to a boy? I find it so hard though I swear! I am a bit of a sexual predator, so maybe thats why I go all red and nervous?

Half the time you've got more to lose if you miss your chance than you have if you take it.
    Try not to think too much about the whole situation, you're bound to get worked out up about it and become more nervous. Plus, us girls aren't out to get you heh, take a chance, bite the bullet, grab those balls and have a go

ReputationRep:
    Well, I suppose you could say that you get all red and nervous because you think she's different to or even better than you, a kind of "girls don't poo" mentality. My general advice would be to try to change this perception in order to see girls as normal people who are probably just as wary of other people, especially those of the opposite sex, as you are.
    Actually you are so ****ing right. I am very ****ing ugly - have an ok physique as I lift weights, but that doesn't really make a difference as only looks matter. I am yet to meet a girl of my standard lol. Will I have more luck at uni? (I ask this because most of the girls in my school were really pretty!)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2008
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.