The Student Room Group

Help me! I don't belong in my maths set -

I understand the setting system in school is made somewhat accurately but I don't belong in my maths set. To be honest I don't like maths (at all) but I feel under too much pressure. Everyone in my class is nodding away and I don't have the nerve to put up my hand and say I don't understand. I went to maths tutoring a few years ago but it was not helpful! I might start going to another one but I can't ask to be moved down. I'm in set 2. We did Autumn assessments and I got a grade 3 :'( My year 11 expected GCSE is a 6. What do I do?!
Hey what set do u have to be in to still do higher paper if that what ur intending to do? if it's possible for you to move down then fr go do it it will help. cause if u move down all the content will be covered at a much slower/ detailed pace and youll get more help etc.
dont worry about the expected grades and school assesments. generally in school they put grade boundaries really high to prep u for the worst possibkle scenario and expected grades are a joke. they put them really low so when they display your results it look sreally good for the school like someone predicted a 4 came out with an 8 good luck with everyhting let me know how it goes
Reply 2
Original post by Y274
Hey what set do u have to be in to still do higher paper if that what ur intending to do? if it's possible for you to move down then fr go do it it will help. cause if u move down all the content will be covered at a much slower/ detailed pace and youll get more help etc.
dont worry about the expected grades and school assesments. generally in school they put grade boundaries really high to prep u for the worst possibkle scenario and expected grades are a joke. they put them really low so when they display your results it look sreally good for the school like someone predicted a 4 came out with an 8 good luck with everyhting let me know how it goes

Thanks, in my school you have to be in set 1 or 2 to do they higher paper. But i'm not really bothered if I do it or not lol. I'm in set 2 and want to move down so i'll see how it goes!
Original post by YellowDude
I understand the setting system in school is made somewhat accurately but I don't belong in my maths set. To be honest I don't like maths (at all) but I feel under too much pressure. Everyone in my class is nodding away and I don't have the nerve to put up my hand and say I don't understand. I went to maths tutoring a few years ago but it was not helpful! I might start going to another one but I can't ask to be moved down. I'm in set 2. We did Autumn assessments and I got a grade 3 :'( My year 11 expected GCSE is a 6. What do I do?!

Ask your teacher for help :smile:
Asking the teacher for help is the only option. I know it’s scary to say you don’t understand, but could you write down your questions during the lesson, and ask your teacher to explain them after?
Even if you move sets, it will still be difficult if you don’t ask for help.

Quick Reply

Latest