Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    We lie, we steal, we commit crime in general really, and of course we wear those massive 2pac t-shirts.
    We carry guns, knieves, we form gangs, we take their money, women... the list goes on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    But that's a totally different kettle of fish SURELY. Not finding black people attractive is cool, one man's meat and all that. But to say you don't want someone to go out with another person because HE/SHE is black is just racist! The OP might not be white even, she/he might be asian/indian/pakistani because I know they definitely stay away from black people (no offence)
    Thats far from the truth in my neck of the woods...very far.

ReputationRep:
    http://images.wikia.com/familyguy/im...vil_Monkey.gif

RACIST!

ReputationRep:
    We carry guns, knieves, we form gangs, we take their money, women... the list goes on

You forget we cannot talk properly, you get me don?!/blood, and im like "yeh standard". We all come from kidulthood/adulthood. Yes indeed :rolleyes: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crissi)
    Are you suggesting all black people live in the woods?

RACIST!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for ignoring the other point. No, I don't think not finding certain races attractive is linked to racism. You might not like their bodyshape, you might not find their facial features attractive, stuff like that. Wouldn't stop you being friends with them, or talking to them et al. Catch my drift?
    Fair enough. I just operate under the belief that everybody contains some element of racism within them since it's so deeply rooted. That attraction might be connected to this as well even if people don't realise it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and I'd love to smash you over the head with a chair. (serious)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by originalname)
    Are you suggesting all black people live in the woods?

RACIST!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO! Oh my! i actually was lmao when i read that. That brightened up my day hahahaha.

I feel the same way, of course it's racist, but is it wrong, no!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    We lie, we steal, we commit crime in general really, and of course we wear those massive 2pac t-shirts.
    lol not funny thanks for the answer but can't the OP respond to my question or is he/she to ashamned.

ReputationRep:
    well, when u say it so clear cut like that then yes it appears racist, if it was to do with religious viewpoints that would be understandable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanity Panda)
    Fair enough. I just operate under the belief that everybody contains some element of racism within them since it's so deeply rooted. That attraction might be connected to this as well even if people don't realise it.
    That is true indeed (a la Avenue Q :p: ). But I don't think that's the reason for not finding a particular race attractive. As I said, their common features (apart from skin colour) might not wind your clock

ReputationRep:
    has the op just disappeared then?

No, a lot of middle eastern people hate to have a black person going out with their daughters/sisters.

but it's wrong to say it's only middle eastern people, i know a lot of white pople who have said the same thing to me.

ReputationRep:
    That's why I said no offence, cos I believe it is generalisation. But most Asian people I come across steer clear of black people as par relationships. One once told me that her parents might accept her getting with a white man but NEVER a black man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by couture_kid)
    has the op just disappeared then?
    Init, has he/she disapeared maybe he/she is to ashmned

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter if it is racist. Don't do what people tell you and definitly don't do anything because of poltical correctness.

I don't want any black blood in my family personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I posted in H&R so i can go anonymous for obvious reasons, if it's not allowed then please delete this thread.

Basically, am i racist for not wanting any member of my family to go out or marry a black man?

LOL id say that is racist however im sure lots of black families would prefer any of thier family members marrining white men or women.

and just Black perople in general or do you include anyones who is not white?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I posted in H&R so i can go anonymous for obvious reasons, if it's not allowed then please delete this thread.

Basically, am i racist for not wanting any member of my family to go out or marry a black man?
    Technically, yes. But then there are countless black Britons who would have reservations about marrying whites or their children marrying whites. Yes, just because there are lots of people doing it does not mean that it's "right" but there are people like that and you'll have to accept you're one of them. As long as you don't actively preach your beliefs you should avoid being unpopular.

As has been said, to avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing and be nothing. Some advice you could do well to heed to...

ReputationRep:
    That's why I said no offence, cos I believe it is generalisation. But most Asian people I come across steer clear of black people as par relationships. One once told me that her parents might accept her getting with a white man but NEVER a black man
    This is true in my neck of the woods. A lot of Asian girls have told me that. :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Which means I'm unlikely to have a girlfriend who can cook wonderful food :cry:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.