The Student Room Group

What degree

So I have been doing lots of thinking recently and I think I know what I want to do as a career

I want to go into medical technology/engineering, so like creating robotic limbs, etc yno making technology to do with medicine to be able to help people

But as there is no such thing as a medical technology degree I don't know what degree I should do or where to go after my degree to actually be whatever someone who does this type of stuff would be called

I was thinking computer science and electronics but I'm not sure 🤔 would biomedical engineering be better or is that something completely different??

all help is appreciated thank you!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Bogelles
So I have been doing lots of thinking recently and I think I know what I want to do as a career

I want to go into medical technology/engineering, so like creating robotic limbs, etc yno making technology to do with medicine to be able to help people

But as there is no such thing as a medical technology degree I don't know what degree I should do or where to go after my degree to actually be whatever someone who does this type of stuff would be called

I was thinking computer science and electronics but I'm not sure 🤔 would biomedical engineering be better or is that something completely different??

all help is appreciated thank you!!!!

biomedical engineering is the first thing that came to mind. could also do chemical engineering or biotechnology? Have a look online to see what the most common degree medical engineers do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending